Best resort in France for off-piste, powder

Old August 31st 03, 09:59 PM
Rick

Default Best resort in France for off-piste, powder

I'm spending a week in France from Feb 7 and thought someone might be
able to tell me the best resort to ski (I'm advance, my girlfriend's
intermediate). Don't really care about nightlife, more interested in
good terrrain/snow and reasonable prices. Kinda tossing up Meribel,
Tignes, Chamonix and Alpe D'Huez.... Rick.
Old August 31st 03, 10:29 PM
Richard

Hi,

If you are looking for the best skiing in France try Tignes. Tignes is at
2100m so is higher than almost all other European resorts so it is as close
to a snowsure resort as you can get. Linked with Val D'Isere to form the
Espace Killy it also offers a huge area and some of the best skiing in the
Alps both on and off piste. I am biased because I run a chalet in Tignes but
don't take my word for it have a look at the Ski Club of Great Britain
opinion at http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/dir...ts/default.asp and
select Tignes from the resort list.

We have a fabulous chalet in Tignes and would be happy to welcome you. It is
40m from the nearest lift and only 5 minutes walk from the centre of town.
Please see www.snowstarholidays.com for more details.

Thanks,
Richard.

SNOWSTAR Holidays
Phone/Fax: 020 8686 6610
web: www.snowstarholidays.com

om...

Old August 31st 03, 10:35 PM
Ace

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 23:29:39 +0100, "Richard"
wrote:

We have a fabulous chalet in Tignes and would be happy to welcome you. It is

Now it's starting to wear a bit thin - look, you posted it already,
which means that _averybody_ reading this group will have seen it. no
more _please_.

BTW do you offer a special discount for reps?

--
Ace (bruce dot rogers at roche dot com)
Old August 31st 03, 10:59 PM
Richard

)

Sorry....didn't mean to overdo it!

We offer 10% discount to all Ski Club members.

wrote:

We have a fabulous chalet in Tignes and would be happy to welcome you. It

is

Now it's starting to wear a bit thin - look, you posted it already,
which means that _averybody_ reading this group will have seen it. no
more _please_.

BTW do you offer a special discount for reps?

--
Ace (bruce dot rogers at roche dot com)
All opinions expressed are personal and in no way represent those of the

Ski Club.

Old August 31st 03, 11:34 PM
David Off

Richard wrote:

Sorry....didn't mean to overdo it!

Does anyone remember a show on BBC TV called 'Big Train'. There is this
German guy. Whenever someone tells him where they are going, for
exmaple someone picks him up on the M1 going North to Manchester the
German guy says "Manchester's **** man, you want to go to Munich, Munich
is great, much better than Manchester."

I kind of feel like that with Tignes now :-)