Just a reminder...

Old August 31st 05, 04:12 AM
klaus

Default Just a reminder...

.....the ski season is just around the corner. I believe I will have my
first frost tonight, as right now, at 10 PM, it is 32.5 degrees and
dropping. Mmmmmm.. fleece.

-klaus

Old August 31st 05, 01:32 PM
Walt

klaus wrote:

....the ski season is just around the corner. I believe I will have my
first frost tonight, as right now, at 10 PM, it is 32.5 degrees and
dropping. Mmmmmm.. fleece.

Might I offer the first "bite me" of the new season?

//-Walt
Old August 31st 05, 04:38 PM
Sam Seiber

klaus wrote:

....the ski season is just around the corner. I believe I will have my
first frost tonight, as right now, at 10 PM, it is 32.5 degrees and
dropping. Mmmmmm.. fleece.

-klaus

I know! Hey, tomorrow I get to say with full truth "I am going
skiing next month". About 52 days (around 7 weeks) to go for my
Beloved Loveland.

Sam "Ski sales start this weekend in Denver" Seiber
Old August 31st 05, 05:03 PM
klaus

Sam Seiber wrote:
klaus wrote:

....the ski season is just around the corner. I believe I will have my
first frost tonight, as right now, at 10 PM, it is 32.5 degrees and
dropping. Mmmmmm.. fleece.

I know! Hey, tomorrow I get to say with full truth "I am going
skiing next month". About 52 days (around 7 weeks) to go for my
Beloved Loveland.

The low according to my thermometer was 26.8 degrees. Solitude shows a
low of 30 in the thermal mass of the village. And I had to pull a car
out to the parking lot as they are tearing up my road today and it will
be impassable and had to walk back. Just like winter. Brrr. Broke out
the long underwear and fleece. Easy enough to find. I had them on about
two months ago. Short summer. The smell of fires in cabins is wafting
through the air, the first couple of aspen are showing a sign of orange,
two bull moose were hanging in my driveway, wanting to f*ck or fight,
the flowers are wilting and turning to seed, the hummingbirds are down
to 2 liters of food a day, down from 4 liters. Sometimes they were
stacked 3 deep on four stations by five feeders. That's 3x5x4 = 60
hummers buzzing around my deck. Thank gawd. I was having to buy 10 pound
bags of sugar about every two weeks, thanks to the raccoons poaching my
feeders. But I fixed that. Filled them with vodka one night. They
haven't been back since. And my todo list for before the snow falls is
starting to bubble to the top of the pile. Time to lay in wood, pump the
****ter, stock up the pantry, and get new tires and some chains for the
new luxury 4x4 gas guzzler. With the price of gas, they're giving 'em
away. And with as little gas as I use, it's hardly a difference for me.

As for skiing, I'm thinking a labor day ski tour would be appropriate
if I can get an overnight freeze and find some cutie to accompany me.
Refrozen corn in September. Yum, yum.

-klaus

Old August 31st 05, 06:40 PM
BrritSki

klaus wrote:

The low according to my thermometer was 26.8 degrees. Solitude shows a
low of 30 in the thermal mass of the village. And I had to pull a car
out to the parking lot as they are tearing up my road today and it will
be impassable and had to walk back. Just like winter. Brrr. Broke out
the long underwear and fleece. Easy enough to find. I had them on about
two months ago. Short summer. The smell of fires in cabins is wafting
through the air, the first couple of aspen are showing a sign of orange,
two bull moose were hanging in my driveway, wanting to f*ck or fight,

I should fight them, but the other option might be less painful for you
Old August 31st 05, 07:23 PM
klaus

BrritSki wrote:
klaus wrote:
two bull moose were hanging in my driveway, wanting to f*ck
or fight,

I should fight them, but the other option might be less painful for you

Neither is an option. Rough sex would be an understatement. I got a
little leary because I was watching them from my screened in porch when
I realized a screen wouldn't even slow these monsters down. The big
one's antlers were above the first story, so he was easily 9 feet tall,
standing on all fours. His shoulders were about eye level with me. The
last time I had a big male in my driveway this time of year, I went onto
the upstairs deck to watch him. He saw me come out of the house, looked
straight at me from down on the driveway, and while staring me down,
took about a ten gallon **** right in my drive. I think he was subtly
saying, "Mine." I agreed.

-klaus

Old August 31st 05, 08:31 PM
Buddha

Hey, Biggers?
Just a reminder that your friend Roger Tilsbury participated in a criminal
conspiracy of real life harassment, committed felonies over this sick
newsgroup, lied to the cops and a judge, and is an all around asshole.
Oooops, forgot.
You know that, don't you, asshole?
No wonder you are so civil to him. Your kind of people: a pathological
liar, a freak utterly without any moral or ethical standards.

Old August 31st 05, 10:12 PM
klaus

Buddha wrote:
Hey, Biggers?
Just a reminder that your friend Roger Tilsbury participated in a criminal
conspiracy of real life harassment, committed felonies over this sick
newsgroup, lied to the cops and a judge, and is an all around asshole.
Oooops, forgot.
You know that, don't you, asshole?
No wonder you are so civil to him. Your kind of people: a pathological
liar, a freak utterly without any moral or ethical standards.

Hi Scott! Man.. I haven't seen any posts from you in years. New email
address? Guess I can check my filters. And thanks for the glowing
recommendation. Anyway, good to hear from you. I hope you are happy and
healthy and enjoying life!

So in response to your.. errr.. post.. I was thinking, topically, what
would Buddha do. I don't often get messages from Buddha. So anyway..
what would Buddha do.. I think he'd tell a story.

So this rabbi, priest, and vacuum cleaner salesman walk into a bar..
Oh.. wait.. Wrong story. Let me start again.

So there was this monk. And he was on the path. And his teacher told him
that he had to pay anyone who insulted him a small sum of money.. so for
years, this monk was insulted by people, and each time he diligently
paid then, just as his teacher had instructed. After years had passed,
his teacher came to him and told him he had paid his dues and that he no
longer had to pay those that insulted him. And that he was free to go
out and explore the world. So the monk headed to the city. At the gate
to the city was a derelict man with an obvious case of dementia. As the
monk tried to enter the city, this abusive man hurled insult after
insult. The monk just laughed. The man hurled out more vile lies and
indecent verbage. The monk just laughed. The man tried again, insult
after insult. The monk, again, laughed with glee! So the abusive man
asked the monk, "Why do you laugh when I insult you?" The monk replied,
"I've been paying for this **** for years. Now I get it for free! Thank
you!"

The man looked at the monk and said, "Welcome to the city, it is yours."

So when you get to the gates of the city, and meet that man, which may
be me, just laugh, and the city will be yours.

And also, thanks Scott, for all the freebies over the years.

Talk to you next time you change your email.

ObSkiing: I hope you guys get some snow this year. We got pummeled last
year. I'm looking forward to another great season.

Have a great day! Keep up the good fight, eh?

Well, it's a beautiful cool day and time for a little hike. Maybe I can
find those moose.

Laterz, and carry on.
-klaus

p.s. I fixed the subject and added my middle name. Hope you don't mind.
I wouldn't want anyone to mistake me for another Klaus Biggers. That
just wouldn't be right.
Old August 31st 05, 10:28 PM
Sam Seiber

klaus wrote:
As for skiing, I'm thinking a labor day ski tour would be appropriate
if I can get an overnight freeze and find some cutie to accompany me.
Refrozen corn in September. Yum, yum.

-klaus

Refrozen corn? That sounds like you still have something snow like
around. Not much snow to see from Denver looking west. A month ago
when every day had to be High 90's and 100's, that melted off most of
what was left. It will be nice to get this summer behind me.

Sam "Ready for Winter" Seiber
Old August 31st 05, 10:38 PM
klaus

Sam Seiber wrote:

Refrozen corn? That sounds like you still have something snow like
around.

Mount TimpyWimpy. Permanent snowfield, or so they say. They obviously
weren't there last year.

Not much snow to see from Denver looking west.

Look east to Kansas. I'm sure you'll find corn.

A month ago
when every day had to be High 90's and 100's, that melted off most of
what was left. It will be nice to get this summer behind me.

I dunno. I really like winter and all, but, this has been a little short
for summer. Then again, summer really only started for me around July
4th when I got back from Alaska. I could easily be happy if it held off
til Halloween or so. Maybe later. I'll need the time to get my sh*t
together for winter. So many seasons, so little time. Wouldn't it be
nice if a year was more like 14 months? 10 months skiing, 4 months
summer. I'm dreaming.

-klaus