Forward Lean Question - w/ new Ride bindings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 3rd 03, 02:55 AM
toddjb

Default Forward Lean Question - w/ new Ride bindings

Just put new bindings on my board, Ride Flight Mig.
Can't seem to get my boot strapped in with my heel all the way
back when I set my forward lean.

The last bindings I used had a leverage style clip on the highback
that let me engage my forward lean after my foot was in the binding.
So, I could easily get my boot in the binding and all the way back
in the heel cup...then I could "engage" the forward lean which
would flex my ankle forward. Worked great and I'm used to a fair
amount of forward lean. the forward lean amount was fixed by an
adjustment, but would just be relaxed until you locked the clip
(the clip was similar to a hard boot buckle, if that helps explain it)

With the new bindings the forward lean is set before your boot is in
the binding. No other option. So, it seems that with an
aggressive forward lean, I can't put my boot in the binding and
get it all the way back in the heel cup.

The best I can do is to force bend my ankle when I slide my foot
back and then crank down the straps, but this is a pain and I can
only do it on one foot (tough once the other foot is strapped in).

Has anyone else noticed this problem and is there a workaround?

Or is there no problem and once my boots are broken in or the boots
have snow on them they will slide back in easier as I crank the
strap.

Thanks,
-todd