Replace single, old, Swix Team CT2 Pole shaft

Old February 13th 07, 12:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default Replace single, old, Swix Team CT2 Pole shaft

Camilo writes:

Camilo On Feb 11, 2:09 pm, wrote:
John Forrest Tomlinson writes:

John On 11 Feb 2007 17:38:19 -0500, wrote:

Today I broke the shaft of one of my apprx. six year old
Swix Team CT2 pole shafts.

If I can find a single shaft, will it match the surviving pole
even 6 years later? Has Swix changed these poles?

If so, any ideas where to find the shaft?

John www.newmoonski.comprobably. But it might be more cost effective to

They do, but there is no pricing on their website. I called, but got
a machine, so I emailed them.

John look for a late season deal on a pair of the same poles and keep your
John old pole as a spare. Eg I thinkwww.reliableracing.comhas CT2 fairly
John cheap right now.

Wonderful price, but only size left is 35 cm too short for me.

Thanks your your response, some other places do seem to have some
pretty good prices for pairs.

From the Swix literature, the new poles may be noticeably stiffer, so
probably a pair is a better idea, with the old one as an emergency backup.

Luckily the pole broke near the tip, so I will use the broken shaft as
a classic backup shaft. Nothing wasted but the 7cm at the end of the shaft.

--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in rec.skiing.nordic...)

Camilo As a contrary opinion, I believe you'd never even perceive the
Camilo difference in either swing weight or stiffness between your old shaft
Camilo and a *comparable quality* new shaft of the same brand, except for the
Camilo color and/or graphics. Or if you did perceive a difference, it would
Camilo be insignficant.

The replacement shaft was priced at $99, with no tip, grip or straps. I ordered
a pair, free shipping for $159. Now I have a spare skate shaft (with tip, grip
and strap) from the unbroken one, and a spare classic from the broken one (the
break was very close to the tip).

Camilo If it were me, rather than buy a pair, I'd buy a replacement shaft of
Camilo the same brand, in whatever line is most similar to my old one.

Camilo Now, I do believe you'd notice the difference if the two poles were of
Camilo different grades - for example if one were a mid-grade shaft and the
Camilo other a top of the line.

Camilo Just my opinion though.

A good one, but pricing won out.

Thanks,