Some good news finally

Old July 23rd 03, 10:14 PM
pigo

Default Some good news finally

"bdubya" wrote in message

??? Are you referring to the late sons, or to the imminently
threatening WMD? If it's the WMD, I hope they do turn up, and as

I've
said before, I'm willing to allow a good long while for the search

go on. If it's the sons, well, I have a whole helluva lot more

than
just the prezdet's say-so to go on, don't I?

You mean like clinton saying he had them (he was telling the truth

that
time). Like the UN saying he had them? Like Saddam saying he had

them?
Like him using them? Like the pictures of the people he gassed?

Like maybe you'd actually READ the post?

Yes. And I answered accordingly.

Did you miss that weasely
"imminently threatening" bit? Nobody has denied that he did have a
weapons program. The question is whether it was such a threat to us
that it justified an invasion; we have yet to find ANY evidence that
that was the case

You mean besides the fact that he's used them before?
Are you so naive or wishful that you think that he really did all the
things that the UN and US demanded of him but went to great lengths to
keep us from finding out that he complied?
After the non compliance with the unconditional surrender of 1991, the
14 resolutions, and terrorist ties are just icing on the cake. He
violated the terms of his surrender, game over.

and neither the UN nor Clinton has even come CLOSE
to saying it was.

Clinton bombed in '98 right? He said that it was because Saddam wasn't
cooperating with UN weapons inspectors and living up to his obligation
(under the terms of his surrender) to dismantle his WMD programs, right?

But if it makes you happy to keep arguing that "he
had some amount of WMD at some point" when nobody is saying the
opposite, go right ahead.

He admitted to *some* in his UN declaration (re-lie)! The numbers just
didn't add up with the results of what the inspectors found when they
were there.

About all I can do is hope that when "proof" enough for you arrives it's
in your town, not mine.
Actually my town would be a good start, I just hope I'm on vaca. :-o