Olin Ellipse

Old July 21st 03, 10:48 AM
Robert Annis

Default Olin Ellipse

Anyone familiar with the Olin Ellipse ski? What can you tell me about them?

Old July 21st 03, 03:31 PM
Jay Pique

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 05:48:18 -0500, "Robert Annis"
wrote:

Anyone familiar with the Olin Ellipse ski? What can you tell me about them?

Dude, isn't that a woman's ski?

JP

Old July 22nd 03, 02:26 PM
Jay Pique

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 06:52:29 -0500, "Robert Annis"
wrote:

Is it? Crap.

Actually, it's not a woman's ski Robert. It's a "lightweight, easy
turning ski. They are very traditional and are good for soft groomed
runs with a few bumps. They're good for beginning and intermediate
skiers."

I was sort of spoofing a different thread - sorry for the confusion.

JP

.. .

Old July 22nd 03, 03:57 PM
lal_truckee

wrote:

Is it? Crap.

Actually, it's not a woman's ski Robert. It's a "lightweight, easy
turning ski. They are very traditional and are good for soft groomed
runs with a few bumps. They're good for beginning and intermediate
skiers."

I was sort of spoofing a different thread - sorry for the confusion.

Skiing on a woman's ski is not necessarily a bad thing.
A female ski would naturally provide a better skiing experience - the
side curve should lead to a rounded, yet firm, turning style, and
smoothness and grace should be guarenteed. One would thing a male ski
would provided the opposite - rough, jittery, with occasional hooking
when protrubences interfere.

Old July 22nd 03, 04:47 PM
MoonMan

In , lal_truckee typed:
snip

(This is not counting the pairs under the shed, awaiting conversion to
benches.)

How do you make your benches? I only ask as I am saving up dead skis for one
myself.

--
Chris *:-)

Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk

Old July 22nd 03, 04:52 PM
lal_truckee

Walt wrote:
Jay Pique wrote:

"Robert Annis" wrote:

"Jay Pique" wrote

"Robert Annis" wrote:

Anyone familiar with the Olin Ellipse ski?

Dude, isn't that a woman's ski?

Is it? Crap.

Actually, it's not a woman's ski Robert. It's a "lightweight, easy
turning ski. They are very traditional and are good for soft groomed
runs with a few bumps. They're good for beginning and intermediate
skiers."

I was sort of spoofing a different thread - sorry for the confusion.

But it's vitally important to know whether you have women's skis or
men's skis. 'Cause if you don't separate 'em, they'll breed and you'll
wind up with a garage full of unpedigreed mongrel skis. Just ask Lal.

I did a count Sunday morning - 36 pairs in the rack, 22 mounted with
modern bindings, fresh wax, and ready to go. 15 different pair actually
saw snow time last season. Some of the most experienced skis provide the
wildest rides - like a seasoned bronco who knows all the moves, and
tries to throw the rider at every opportune.

About 10 pair are officially "retired." The real breeding problem seems
to be the old male slim-hipped, musclular retro-grouch skis don't know
they are over the hill, and keep up, ah, shall we say - youthful
activities. It doesn't help that a few young narrow-waisted, wide
breasted yet petite female skis have insinuated themselves into adjacent
racks.

Old July 22nd 03, 05:36 PM
lal_truckee

MoonMan wrote:
In , lal_truckee typed:
snip

(This is not counting the pairs under the shed, awaiting conversion to
benches.)

How do you make your benches? I only ask as I am saving up dead skis for one
myself.

Well, as I said, the skis are waiting, which means I haven't actually
made a bench yet. I'm leaning toward the Adriondack style where the seat
and back planks are replaced by skis as the simplest since I can steal
the design, suitably modified with personalized flourishes, like a
built-in beer bottle holder and a bicycle bell to alert the spouse that
another beer is required.

Old July 28th 03, 09:22 AM
MoonMan

In , Sue typed:
In message , Walt
writes

But it's vitally important to know whether you have women's skis or
men's skis. 'Cause if you don't separate 'em, they'll breed and
you'll wind up with a garage full of unpedigreed mongrel skis.

Don't use those, they could invalidate your insurance!

Instead, send them to me, and I'll make sure they're safely disposed
of (er, my er, bench is going to be 150cm so I don't need longer
ones...)

So how are you going to make your bench?

--
Chris *:-)

Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk