Scratch one snowboarder

Old December 28th 10, 01:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

Default Scratch one snowboarder

And a innocent 5 year old skier

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/ne...-on-922413.php
Old December 28th 10, 03:05 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Dec 28, 6:54*am, downhill wrote:
And a innocent 5 year old skier

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/ne...o-skier-hit-wh...

I saw that story. Just standing in the middle of a run. Mom is in the
hospital too if I remember right. Oh well. I'm just glad I don't have
to deal with that ****.
Old December 28th 10, 04:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

How about you show up in Sun Valley and deal with some ****? Like
your own ****, running down your leg.
Old December 29th 10, 12:17 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 12/28/10 07:05, pigo wrote:

On Dec 28, 6:54 am, wrote:
And a innocent 5 year old skier

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/ne...o-skier-hit-wh...

I saw that story. Just standing in the middle of a run. Mom is in the
hospital too if I remember right. Oh well. I'm just glad I don't have
to deal with that ****.

That article was missing, but there was another one. I couldn't find
anything that said "middle", but it seems likely -- boarders don't seem
to like the edges. Probably just beyond a lip, too. Mountain High
board lessons don't mention anything about safe stopping places or
looking out for other skiers/boarders. Surely they can't be the only
ski area with incompetent staff...

Yeah, I'm ready to hang the mom, but if she was on the edge where she
should have been, I apologize.

One of the articles I read (AP maybe) mentioned that nobody was wearing
a helmet. Jesus christ, next they'll be mentioning lack of helmets in
car crashes.

--
Cheers, Bev
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for
Old December 29th 10, 12:32 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Dec 28, 5:17*pm, The Real Bev wrote:

I saw that story. Just standing in the middle of a run. Mom is in the
hospital too if I remember right. Oh well. I'm just glad I don't have
to deal with that ****.

Here's one I found:
http://www.idahostatesman.com/2010/1...n-wyo-ski.html

That article was missing, but there was another one. *I couldn't find
anything that said "middle", but it seems likely -- boarders don't seem
to like the edges. *Probably just beyond a lip, too. *Mountain High
board lessons don't mention anything about safe stopping places or
looking out for other skiers/boarders. *Surely they can't be the only
ski area with incompetent staff...

Mine says "stopped in middle of run". And it appears that the helmet
issue was in question but now it's determined that she was wearing
one.

Yeah, I'm ready to hang the mom, but if she was on the edge where she
should have been, I apologize.

I didn't see anything that gives any indication that anyone was a
fault other than the piece of **** that hit them.

One of the articles I read (AP maybe) mentioned that nobody was wearing
a helmet. *Jesus christ, next they'll be mentioning lack of helmets in
car crashes.

Yeah well, anyone that wears a helmet to ski and doesn't wear one to
walk down the street or drive a car is posing and wearing it for show.
Whether they know it or not.
Old December 29th 10, 12:39 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 12/28/10 16:32, pigo wrote:

On Dec 28, 5:17 pm, The Real wrote:

I saw that story. Just standing in the middle of a run. Mom is in the
hospital too if I remember right. Oh well. I'm just glad I don't have
to deal with that ****.

Here's one I found:
http://www.idahostatesman.com/2010/1...n-wyo-ski.html

That article was missing, but there was another one. I couldn't find
anything that said "middle", but it seems likely -- boarders don't seem
to like the edges. Probably just beyond a lip, too. Mountain High
board lessons don't mention anything about safe stopping places or
looking out for other skiers/boarders. Surely they can't be the only
ski area with incompetent staff...

Mine says "stopped in middle of run". And it appears that the helmet
issue was in question but now it's determined that she was wearing
one.

AP article:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...r=emailarticle

Wore helmet, middle of run, internal injuries.

Yeah, I'm ready to hang the mom, but if she was on the edge where she
should have been, I apologize.

Apparently no apology is necessary.

I didn't see anything that gives any indication that anyone was a
fault other than the piece of **** that hit them.

Yeah, but if you're a mom you're responsible for NOT doing stupid stuff
that exposes your kid to serious injury or death. At this point sane
people expect boarders to do what boarders do and ski accordingly. I
always slow down at visibility-impaired lips, but most people don't.

One of the articles I read (AP maybe) mentioned that nobody was wearing
a helmet. Jesus christ, next they'll be mentioning lack of helmets in
car crashes.

Yeah well, anyone that wears a helmet to ski and doesn't wear one to
walk down the street or drive a car is posing and wearing it for show.
Whether they know it or not.

I especially like the camelbacks that some people around here wear.
Perhaps they're just practicing for their next backcountry trip, but
somehow I doubt it.

Old December 29th 10, 01:36 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Dec 28, 4:32*pm, pigo wrote:
Yeah well, anyone that wears a helmet to ski and doesn't wear one to
walk down the street or drive a car is posing and wearing it for show.
Whether they know it or not.

Holy ****, you pathetic wack job, you really have lost all contact
with reality.
Unlike you, most people do not fall down and hit their heads when
walking down the street. But then again, I understand why you might
feel the need to wear a helmet while driving or walking, considering
you are usually drunk by noon.
Make sure you wear a helmet at Sun Valley. You'll need it.

Old December 29th 10, 01:37 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

*http://www.idahostatesman.com/2010/1...r-girl-killed-...

AP article:http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...10/12/27/AR201...

[...]

Brain Fried Bob wears a camelback so he can get his vodka on the
quarter hour, as usual.
Old December 29th 10, 03:42 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Dec 28, 6:14*pm, Ted Waldron wrote:
In article
,

*pigo wrote:
One of the articles I read (AP maybe) mentioned that nobody was wearing
a helmet. Jesus christ, next they'll be mentioning lack of helmets in
car crashes.

Yeah well, anyone that wears a helmet to ski and doesn't wear one to
walk down the street or drive a car is posing and wearing it for show.
Whether they know it or not.

* I like wearing a helmet skiing, because my head is much warmer with a
balaclava and a helmet, and most of the time if I fall, it is because I
lose an edge on the ice, and it is a nice reassurance. *I guess the wind
breaker aspect seems to be a plus for a helmet..

I also wear a helmet biking, even though the evidence is murky about the
benefits, and Unlike skiing, my head becomes a steam bath..

There is this video about some of the irrationality of bike helmets and
bike helmet campaigns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07o-T...eature=related

*In some ways, yes, car drivers should be wearing mandatory helmets
(besides five point seat belts) but even mitigatory safety standards
will not alleviate or solve the problem of major trauma accidents..

Anyway Non OB Ski, this is an uber cool website...

http://www.copenhagenize.com/

I grew up in northern Vermont, and I had a paper route. I found I
could deliv
Old December 29th 10, 03:46 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

*pigo wrote:
[...]

could deliver all my papers in my lunch hour until winter ice and snow
made using the bicycle impossible. And I never wore a helmet then,
although I always wear one now after a couple of nasty accidents (rear
ended by a car one time and launched over the handlebars when the
front wheel came to a sudden stop in a pile of sand in another).

The day after I bought my sons helmets, one of them fell while trying
to get on a chairlift. The chair left a nice scratch in the helmet
just above his right ear, but no damage to his head.

Goggle Lens Materials and Scratch Resistance [email protected] Alpine Skiing 3 January 2nd 07 04:05 PM
Death by Snowboarder rosco Alpine Skiing 240 March 13th 05 05:19 AM
Death by Snowboarder root Snowboarding 7 March 4th 05 06:15 PM
Snowboarder Dead :-( Simon Brown European Ski Resorts 23 January 10th 05 10:16 PM
Snowboarder Learning to Ski [email protected] Alpine Skiing 8 December 19th 04 07:32 AM