Am I the only one who does not like Franz's Run?

Old December 30th 10, 06:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

Default Am I the only one who does not like Franz's Run?

In article ,
lal_truckee wrote:

On 12/29/10 10:53 PM, Sometimes Skier wrote:
I don't like Franz's chair. It not only knocked me hard to the ground
when I was exiting and it was turning around to go back downhill, I
watched for a while and saw it knock down about one in every 10 people.

Are you sure Warren Miller wasn't lurking in the shadows?

The lift operators didn't bother to come out of their warm little hut
and warn people to snap it up as they were exiting. They didn't bother
to slow down the lift either, not that I noticed. I wonder if they
thought it was funny or something. I sure didn't - getting slammed to
the ground really hurt my neck.

Apparently the lift ops that day didn't realize that a fixed grip lift
has a fully adjustable speed, and can be slowed if conditions warrant.

Correct. While in theory you might have an operator at a mid station who
couldn't change the speed, in practice on a modern lift every station
has full control. Even if they don't have an actual speed control, there
will be a signal they can give to the operator who does to slow the lift.

BTW, pay no attention to the Village Idiot; he is ostracized by all
(except Horvath.) If you don't know who the VI is, he will now jump in
and self-identify.

Also correct.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old December 30th 10, 06:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Dec 30, 10:13*am, lal_truckee wrote:
[...]

BTW, pay no attention to this pathological liar and dickless coward
who takes cheaps shots while hiding his identity.
Tell you what. Since Lloyd is all kinds of chummy with people who
threaten my life and call me a child molester, if you continue to hang
out here, I'm going ot start calling YOU a child molester.
Being a village psychopath, Lloyd has never objected to such behavior,
skis with those who threaten my life, and supports and participates in
an ongoing campaign of terrorism.
Damn, I sound pretty smart for a VI, eh? Sure bitchslapped this
asshole.
Old December 30th 10, 06:17 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Dec 30, 11:02*am, Alan Baker wrote:
In article ,

*lal_truckee wrote:
[...]

Amazing. Wack Job Baker calls ME a village idiot? Isn't this the
same freak who made up a false allegation that I had threatened his
life, promised to visit the Seattle Police and tell them exactly that,
then ppppppuuuuuusssssiiiiiieeeeedddd out because he didn't want to
get himself charged with making a false police report? Cpntact info?
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
The same pppppppuuuuuuussssssyyyyyy who keeps making ludicrous and
laughable excuses for his failure to show up at Whistler, where he
would have felt like he had been run over by a chair lift?
THIS nutcase is calling ME a village idiot? What does that make him?
A village nutcase? A village coward? A village pathological liar and
stalker?
All of the above?
Old December 30th 10, 06:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
NormG

"Alan Baker" wrote in message
In article ,
lal_truckee wrote:

[...]

This assumes the O.P. had identified themself on loading to the operator as
someone requiring a slowdown. If he had done so and the operator did not
convey this info to the top station, then the operator is at fault.
Otherwise there is an expectation that you are capable of normal loading and
unloading of a lift. Its been a long time since I've seen a lift without a
sign to the effect of, If you are unsure please ask for assistance. Most
liftees I know will bend over backwards to help if you ask. If nothing else
it helps to add variety to an otherwise boring job.