40 Ski Marathons?

Old February 28th 09, 09:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default 40 Ski Marathons?

On Feb 27, 11:25*am, ADK Skier wrote:

Hey guys you haven't done the Lake Placid Loppet! *More total vertical
than the other marathons. The Porter Mt Trails will kick your butt and
you have to do them twice.

My wife is from the Glens Falls, New York area and I've skied Lake
Placid quite a few times. There's no way I want to race there. That
place is a B!tch!!! Of course, if the race was on the biathlon trail,
then I'd consider it...

Jay T

Old March 3rd 09, 01:02 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
FrontRunner[_2_]

106 total with:

30 Birkies,
25 N. American Vasa's,
20 White Pine Stampedes
7 Noques
5 Gold Rushes
3 Bear Chases
2 Mora Vasaloppets - one 30k on the lake
1 Finlandia - Bemidji
17 other World Loppets

The FrontRunner
Aka Greg Worsnop

wrote in message
I think this last American Birkebeiner was my 40th ski marathon since
1984. I'll count them up;

American Birkiebeiner x 23 times
Swedish Vasaloppet x 1
Norwegian Birkebeiner x 1
Finlandia Hiihto x 1
Swiss Engadin x 1
Czech Jizerska x 1
Austrian Dolomitenlauf x 1
Canadian Keskinada x 1

Minnesota Vasaloppet 58K x 1
Minnesota Vasaloppet 42K x 1
Minnesota Governor's Cup 48K x 2
Minnesota Cannonball 42k x 1
Minnesota Pepsi Challenge 48K x 1
Wisconsin Superior Municipal Forest 42K x 1
Wisconsin Pre Birkie 43K x 1
Michigan Noquemanon 48K x 1

Well, I guess that's 39...

Jay T

Old March 3rd 09, 03:53 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

On Feb 26, 7:01*pm, wrote:
I think this last American Birkebeiner was my 40th ski marathon since
1984. I'll count them up;

American Birkiebeiner *x 23 times
Swedish Vasaloppet x 1
Norwegian Birkebeiner x 1
Finlandia Hiihto x 1
Swiss Engadin x 1
Czech Jizerska x 1
Austrian Dolomitenlauf x 1
Canadian Keskinada x 1

Minnesota Vasaloppet 58K x 1
Minnesota Vasaloppet 42K x 1
Minnesota Governor's Cup 48K x 2
Minnesota Cannonball 42k x 1
Minnesota Pepsi Challenge 48K x 1
Wisconsin Superior Municipal Forest 42K x 1
Wisconsin Pre Birkie 43K x 1
Michigan Noquemanon 48K x 1

Well, I guess that's 39...

Jay T

Since 1985 when I started this Nordic skiing caper:

11 X Canadian Ski Marathons, 160 km over 2 days, 9 of them taking
gear and camping out overnight = 22? :-) ( http://www.momtahan.com/csm2008/)
4 X Keski/Gatineau 50-53K classic ( http://www.xcottawa.ca/articles.php?id=737
)
2 X Keski/Gatineau 50-53K skate ( http://www.xcottawa.ca/articles.php?id=996
)
1 X Craftsbury
1 X Swedish Vasaloppet ( http://www.momtahan.com/vasa2007/)
1 X 80K crazy backyard adventure, probably the hardest thing I’ve done
on skis :-) ( http://www.momtahan.com/firetower2009/ )

Still some ways to go to make 40 ;-)

Parham.