sigh

Old May 30th 17, 04:38 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

Default sigh

When I hoped for the revival of RSA this isn't exactly what I meant...

--
Cheers, Bev
If god had wanted me to bend over he would
Old May 30th 17, 04:52 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Ted Waldron[_2_]

On Tuesday, May 30, 2017 at 9:38:35 AM UTC-7, The Real Bev wrote:
When I hoped for the revival of RSA this isn't exactly what I meant...

--
Cheers, Bev
If god had wanted me to bend over he would
have sprinkled the floor with diamonds.

Ever since Verizon canceled their Usenet newsfeed, and others starting to charge for the service, (with some exceptions) the amount of users have dropped, while social media sites offered much more, the posting of videos directly instead of a link. Ditto with the rise and dominance of mobille devices.

Much like I know a guy who keeps his 1978 Dodge Ram Diesel in tip top condition, (uses is a bio diesel) however cars are much, much more different these days with connection to mobile devices, music libraries, traction control, ABS, CVTs etc.
Old May 30th 17, 06:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 05/30/2017 09:52 AM, Ted Waldron wrote:
On Tuesday, May 30, 2017 at 9:38:35 AM UTC-7, The Real Bev wrote:
When I hoped for the revival of RSA this isn't exactly what I
meant...

Ever since Verizon canceled their Usenet newsfeed, and others
starting to charge for the service, (with some exceptions)

http://www.eternal-september.org/ Free, excellent and usable with REAL
newsreaders.

the amount
of users have dropped, while social media sites offered much more,
the posting of videos directly instead of a link. Ditto with the
rise and dominance of mobille devices.

How many adults (like us -- anybody from RSA under 40?) use phones for
visual stuff as opposed to their nice 27" monitors? I'm ashamed of all
of us (including me) who switched to facebook. My only excuse is that
everybody else did :-(

But I'm still here and I check on my old groups every day.

Much like I know a guy who keeps his 1978 Dodge Ram Diesel in tip top
condition, (uses is a bio diesel) however cars are much, much more
different these days with connection to mobile devices, music
libraries, traction control, ABS, CVTs etc.

I finally dumped (The State of California gave me $1K to do it, far more
than any wrecking yard; I was sorry to see it crushed with new tires
and brakes, but money talks -- at least the brake job paid for itself)
my mom's '88 Caddy (which tried to kill me once too often) in favor of a
2013 Corolla S a year ago. I knew modern cars were a lot better, but I
didn't realize just how much better.

Old June 3rd 17, 12:22 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Tuesday, May 30, 2017 at 11:59:49 AM UTC-7, The Real Bev wrote:
[...]

Was that the car with busted heater?
Old June 3rd 17, 03:42 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 06/02/2017 05:22 PM, wrote:
[...]

....and AC and shocks and one window and side mirrors and fender and
grill dents and one of the smog scores that squeaked by by only ONE
point -- probably courtesy of the nice mech who said it probably
wouldn't pass at all next time. I'd just replaced the tires, calipers,
pads and rotors :-(

POS. I wish my mom had asked my advice before she bought it.

--
Cheers, Bev
If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting