Who wrote this?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 27th 20, 11:40 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Eviel Dewar

Default Who wrote this?

"Read my lips.
I went to Nam as a journalist.
I was only supposed to be there for two weeks.
I managed to get a chance to visit a couple of high school friends who had been
drafted and were stationed at a forward fire base.
Grabbed a ride on a supply chopper.
Weather socked in.
Charlie decided to be obnoxious, and nobody could get out or in for three days.

And that is the end of a very simply story.
Never was in the service, never claimed to be in the service, never even
claimed to be a REMF.
I have an immense amount of respect for those who actually served (with the
exception of Hochalugie and Horvath).
I was nothing but a draft dodger who got very unlucky.
But....when the **** hit the fan, I did what I could.
My respect and gratitude to Mr. Plant. I'm sorry these pathological liars have
twisted my experience beyond any recognition. I assure you that in no way have
I ever tried to inflate it beyond what it was: the ludicrous lies of these
obsessed wackos are their own creation."