Bear just misses points in strong World Cup return

Old December 1st 04, 04:17 AM
OWI

Default Bear just misses points in strong World Cup return

The Aussie Winter Sports athletes have commenced there overseas winter
campaign.

There should be races on each weakened from now on.

Good luck to them all, as many are trying to qualify this year for the
2006 Olympic Games Team.

If you would like more info on Australian athletes, please visit
wintersports.com.au

AJ Bear has finished in 31st place in the opening downhill of
the season at Lake Louise, a strong comeback performance from the injury
that ended his 2003/04 season.

The race was won by US skier Bode Miller in a time of 1 minute
42.75 seconds, almost one second ahead of second place-getter Antoine
Deneriaz of France, with Michael Walchofer of Austria in third.

Bear's time of 1 minute 45.76 seconds was 3.01 seconds from the
winner, but only 1.84 seconds off the podium.

To just miss out on a top 30 place - and World Cup points - in
his first race back is an excellent performance by the Thredbo skier, and
augurs well for the rest of the season.

In the super G, held on Monday morning AEST, Bear was again very
competitive for a racer who missed most of last season, finishing in 35th
place.

On top of the podium for the second day in a row was Miller, a
brilliant start to the season for a man who was at his best in GS last
season, taking out the World Cup crown.

The other Australian skier in the Lake Louise event, Craig
Branch, finished in 63rd place in the downhill and 65th in the super G.

Super G, downhill, giant slalom and slalom races will be held
next weekend in Beaver Creek, Colorado, with Jono Brauer joining his
team-mates to ski the slalom.

Attached Images

Old December 1st 04, 12:03 PM
Mary Malmros

OWI wrote:

The Aussie Winter Sports athletes have commenced there overseas winter
campaign.

....and speaking of AJ Bear, go to
http://www.gordbrownskiing.com/coolstuff.htm and click on "Trampoline to
ball". That's him, Aussie skier AJ Bear.

--
Mary Malmros
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.

Old December 1st 04, 01:28 PM
Marty

"Mary Malmros" wrote in message
OWI wrote:

The Aussie Winter Sports athletes have commenced there overseas

winter
campaign.

...and speaking of AJ Bear, go to
http://www.gordbrownskiing.com/coolstuff.htm and click on "Trampoline to
ball". That's him, Aussie skier AJ Bear.

Holy balls!

Check out "Balls in a row" and crank up the volume a bit so you can hear him
at the end of the clip. :-)
--
Marty

Old December 1st 04, 02:02 PM
Mary Malmros

OWI wrote:

The Aussie Winter Sports athletes have commenced there overseas

winter

campaign.

...and speaking of AJ Bear, go to
http://www.gordbrownskiing.com/coolstuff.htm and click on "Trampoline to
ball". That's him, Aussie skier AJ Bear.

Holy balls!

Check out "Balls in a row" and crank up the volume a bit so you can hear him
at the end of the clip. :-)

Yeah, that one's even better ;-) It's a neat addition to the amazing
athleticism of the other four exercises.

Old December 1st 04, 04:10 PM
lal_truckee

OWI wrote:

The Aussie Winter Sports athletes have commenced there overseas

winter

campaign.

...and speaking of AJ Bear, go to
http://www.gordbrownskiing.com/coolstuff.htm and click on "Trampoline to
ball". That's him, Aussie skier AJ Bear.

Holy balls!

Check out "Balls in a row" and crank up the volume a bit so you can hear him
at the end of the clip. :-)

He uses the same (right) leg in "One Foot Jump" and "one leg stabilizer
ball" - so: must have a weak left leg!. When I set a DH for him, I'll
set it with only right turns! Let's see him complete that course.
(Actually I suppose there really are mountains where that might actually
be possible? Maybe a cinder cone volcano, somewhere?)

Pretty cool stuff - "Trampoline to ball" hoohah!
Old December 2nd 04, 02:59 PM
Richard M

lal_truckee wrote:
Marty wrote:
"Mary Malmros" wrote:
...and speaking of AJ Bear, go to
http://www.gordbrownskiing.com/coolstuff.htm and click on "Trampoline to
ball". That's him, Aussie skier AJ Bear.

Holy balls!

Check out "Balls in a row" and crank up the volume a bit so you can hear him
at the end of the clip. :-)

He uses the same (right) leg in "One Foot Jump" and "one leg stabilizer
ball" - so: must have a weak left leg!. When I set a DH for him, I'll
set it with only right turns! Let's see him complete that course.
(Actually I suppose there really are mountains where that might actually
be possible? Maybe a cinder cone volcano, somewhere?)

Pretty cool stuff - "Trampoline to ball" hoohah!

Maybe his right leg is the weak(er) leg and he's working on
strengthening it. Either way, with that kind of leg strength and
balance, he probably only needs one leg.

Even with the volume cranked, I still couldn't make out what he said.

Hoohah, indeed!
Old December 2nd 04, 06:56 PM
Mary Malmros

Richard M wrote:

Even with the volume cranked, I still couldn't make out what he said.

"Ow."

Old December 3rd 04, 10:45 PM
ant

"Marty" wrote in message ...

http://www.gordbrownskiing.com/coolstuff.htm

Check out "Balls in a row" and crank up the volume a bit so you can hear

him
at the end of the clip. :-)

I reckon they cut it off just before he started swearing.
That flying leap from the trampoline to the ball is pretty good, I can't
even stand on one of those things.

ant