Accomodation and boot fitter recomendations for south lake tahoe

Old January 31st 07, 05:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.north-america,rec.skiing.alpine

Default Accomodation and boot fitter recomendations for south lake tahoe

Hi,

I have a couple of months off work and a season pass for heavenly. I
was going to spend most of the next couple of months in south lake
tahoe (I am flying from the UK next week). I am planning to stay at
Doug's Mellow Mountain Retreat, probally costing about 20 dollars a
night. I was wondering if anyone could recomend any other options for
this sort of money. I should have a car and am completely flexable.
I will be on my own most of the time

The other question is can anyone recomend a good boot fitter in that
general area. I need a new pair of boots, and have pretty odd shaped
feet. I would rather one south of the lake, but could drive to the
north if they were worth it.

Any other comments welcome, esp. if there is someone out there who
fancies a ski buddy anytime over the next couple of months, perhaps to
go off piste with.

Thanks for any help,

BTW, I do not check the reply address. Post here if you want to send
a private message.

Old March 7th 07, 02:10 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.north-america,rec.skiing.alpine
mm

On Jan 31, 9:32 am, wrote:
Hi,

I have a couple of months off work and a season pass for heavenly. I
was going to spend most of the next couple of months in south lake
tahoe (I am flying from the UK next week). I am planning to stay at
Doug's Mellow Mountain Retreat, probally costing about 20 dollars a
night. I was wondering if anyone could recomend any other options for
this sort of money. I should have a car and am completely flexable.
I will be on my own most of the time

The other question is can anyone recomend a good boot fitter in that
general area. I need a new pair of boots, and have pretty odd shaped
feet. I would rather one south of the lake, but could drive to the
north if they were worth it.

I am not into skiing but S Lake Tahoe is closed to where I live and so
I know that there are REI stores that you might want to locate. Go
online and enter the zip code where you'll be at.

I alos heard about stretching a particular area of the boot by taking
the linign out. One store that does that that i know of is in the city
of Davis: Ken Bikes and Skiis (530) 758-3223. I got this info from an
REI.

Any other comments welcome, esp. if there is someone out there who
fancies a ski buddy anytime over the next couple of months, perhaps to
go off piste with.

Thanks for any help,

BTW, I do not check the reply address. Post here if you want to send
a private message.

I have a suggestion about finding a ski buddy. Find yahoo gorups in
neighboring cities to Heavenly (including San Francisco Bay Area ) and
you mgith find someone.

Old March 31st 07, 03:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.north-america,rec.skiing.alpine

On Mar 6, 9:10 pm, "mm" wrote:
On Jan 31, 9:32 am, wrote:

[...]

The best bootfitter in Tahoe is Tim at the Surefoot in Squaw Valley.
You can contact him via his website he http://unofficialsquaw.com/beta/ski/about.html

As for a ski buddy you might want to check out http://hangwithalocal.com

or post to Tim's Squaw Valley forum: http://unofficialsquaw.com/ski/forum/