Conditions at Mt Bachelor

Old March 14th 05, 08:05 PM
G.Kirkwood

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 04:17:03 GMT, "Mike T"
wrote:

I was there the past few days, and it was OK. Most of the main runs
have enough coverage.

Agreed - front side runs were kept up pretty well, NorthWest / Outback had
more rocks showing through.

the Air Chamber (park) has a lot of bare spots
and straw showing, so it's pretty dodgy.

I didn't go in the park - partly because of all the bare spots seen from the
Skyliner lift!

they've been doing a ****
poor job of grooming though, IMO.

IMHO it wasn't *that* bad! But I'm used to Mount Hood Meadows, home of the
worst grooming this side of hell. It's a miracle I ride alpine when I
think about it!

Well, I think they do a better job on the weekends. I was there on a
weekend a few weeks back and it was fine...and in fairness, I was a
little grumpy my last day the the day before I had pulled some
tendons in my ankle and every little bump hurt until I switched to
softies. Still, I'm going again on wed and thurs, cuz hey, it's the
only game in town! Have fun next weekend!

Old March 14th 05, 08:10 PM
Mike T

Well, I think they do a better job on the weekends. I was there on a
weekend a few weeks back and it was fine...and in fairness, I was a
little grumpy my last day the the day before I had pulled some
tendons in my ankle and every little bump hurt until I switched to
softies.

I know how that is. I sprained my left (front) ankle badly last March, and
when I got back out in May, anything but hero groom hurt. But it was all
good rehab Actually the ankle still gets sore in softies. No problem
on plates. I am trying to at least take a few runs in softies each time
out in order to work the ankle.

Still, I'm going again on wed and thurs, cuz hey, it's the
only game in town! Have fun next weekend!

Ain't that the truth. MH Meadows is closed, like they probably should have
been last week. You can always run Palmer at Timberline, but IMHO it's
still worth it to go to Bachleor. Wish I could join you on the weekdays!

Old March 16th 05, 09:39 PM
G.Kirkwood

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 21:10:50 GMT, "Mike T"
wrote:

Wish I could join you on the weekdays!

Well, you didn't miss anything today. winds were a steady 35mph with
gusts over 50. Surface was pretty windblown and icy. even when I was
holding an edge, you could hardly see the track. tomorrow is supposed
to be calmer, we'll see. It was strange to see dust storms on the
road back down to bend in mid march!

Old March 16th 05, 09:41 PM
Mike T

Well, you didn't miss anything today. winds were a steady 35mph with
gusts over 50. Surface was pretty windblown and icy. even when I was
holding an edge, you could hardly see the track. tomorrow is supposed
to be calmer, we'll see. It was strange to see dust storms on the
road back down to bend in mid march!

Yep, Timberline is closed today due to winds... I am hoping it calms down
tomorrow b/c I have the day off and am planning to ride.

Will be at Bachelor Sat + Sun again.

Old March 17th 05, 05:23 PM
David

"David" wrote in message ...
Anybody ride Mt Bachelor lately? What did you think?

No snow recently as far as I know. It it mostly manufactured? Would I need a rock board?
I was planning to go on the 19th, but I'm thinking about making different plans.

An inch of new snow in the last 24hrs. Hope it continues...