Titlis

Old October 27th 03, 08:31 PM
Gav

Default Titlis

Anybody been up to Titlis recently? Is it worth a quick visit (1 1/2
hours drive from me) for a bit of pre-season practise?

Gav
Old October 28th 03, 08:00 AM
Ian Spare

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 09:02:45 +0100, Johannes
wrote:

Hi

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 21:31:50 GMT,
(Gav) wrote:

Anybody been up to Titlis recently? Is it worth a quick visit (1 1/2
hours drive from me) for a bit of pre-season practise?

I was last Wednesday there. The chair and the t-bar is open. The slops
are good. Meanwille they got new snow at Friday. Also say the forcast
new snow for tomorrow.
For Autum is it ok. The slopes are short, but on a suny day you
shouldn't miss it.

For a weekend tripp you should rather go to Saas Fee (20km open) or
Zermatt (27km open).

Johannes

Glacier 3000 is also open I think.

Doesn't Titlis close shortly for a month ?

Ian
--
Yeah, because you never know when the value of 2^15 will change and
you have to go through all your code fixing it.
Old October 28th 03, 05:36 PM
Gav

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 08:59:35 +0100, Ace wrote:

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 21:31:50 GMT,
(Gav) wrote:

Anybody been up to Titlis recently? Is it worth a quick visit (1 1/2
hours drive from me) for a bit of pre-season practise?

Friend of ours popped over last weekend - not bad, but still just the
glacier runs open, as you'd expect at this time of year.

Thats OK - I knackered my knee last year at Elm and I just want to
give it a gentle workout to see if I can ski safely on it, or to know
that I have to go to the doctor again before the season proper starts
:-(

I'd be tempted myself but the coming weekends are all just that bit
occupied...

Where you at, BTW? There seem to be a fair few N Swiss posters popping
up on here recently.

Zuerich.

Cheers,

Gav
Old October 28th 03, 10:18 PM
Johannes

Hi

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:00:24 +0100, Ian Spare
wrote:

Glacier 3000 is also open I think.

Thats right. But not a real Option when you compare it with The
Titlis, exluding you life at Lake Geneva.

Doesn't Titlis close shortly for a month ?

Monday 3. Nov - Fryday 21. Nov is Closed

Johannes
Old October 29th 03, 05:36 AM
Ian Spare

wrote:

Glacier 3000 is also open I think.

Thats right. But not a real Option when you compare it with The

Why not ? Isn't it very good ? I was at Titlis a couple of weeks ago
and there's was only two runs open there.

Titlis, exluding you life at Lake Geneva.

I don't live round Lake Geneva, but I do live in the Fribourg canton..

Old October 29th 03, 07:37 AM
Ace

wrote:

Glacier 3000 is also open I think.

Thats right. But not a real Option when you compare it with The

Why not ? Isn't it very good ?

The glacier runs at Les Diablerets/G2000 are gentle straight blues
only. (I think there's one red that might open early too, but it's
really only a blue, and very short & straight). There is a limited
possibility off-piste between the two blues, but it's still down the
same gentle slope with only a couple of topographic variations.

I was at Titlis a couple of weeks ago
and there's was only two runs open there.

But genuine reds (assuming it was the obvious ones) sometimes verging
on the black and offering a bit more variety. Plus there's a few more
open now, I believe.

Normally early season has four or five official runs open and
sometimes the unpisted black to cut back to the middle station is
skiable, which can offer some significantly interesting :-) off-piste
variations.

Titlis, exluding you life at Lake Geneva.

I don't live round Lake Geneva, but I do live in the Fribourg canton..

Have you driven to Gstaad/Les D.? It's a long way off the beaten
track, taking a good hour and a half (IIRC) from the motorway on
either the Fribourg or Thun arms, IYSWIM.

Probably quicker for you, 'tis true, but not by _that_ wuch, I'd have
thought.

--
Ace (bruce dot rogers at roche dot com)
Old October 29th 03, 01:27 PM
Johannes

Hi

wrote:

Glacier 3000 is also open I think.

Thats right. But not a real Option when you compare it with The

Why not ? Isn't it very good ? I was at Titlis a couple of weeks ago
and there's was only two runs open there.

Meanwille are 3 Runs open.

Titlis, exluding you life at Lake Geneva.

I don't live round Lake Geneva, but I do live in the Fribourg canton..

Ok from Fribourg is the Diablerets nearer as the Titlis.
Btw you can also go to Saas Fee. From the city Fribourg you have
3-3.25h i think.

Johannes

Old October 29th 03, 02:03 PM
Ian Spare

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 15:27:05 +0100, Johannes
wrote:

I don't live round Lake Geneva, but I do live in the Fribourg canton..

Ok from Fribourg is the Diablerets nearer as the Titlis.
Btw you can also go to Saas Fee. From the city Fribourg you have
3-3.25h i think.

Johannes

Thanks, I lied though :-) I don't actually live there until next week
but I figured it's close enough....

I'm going to be on the edge of the canton towards Murten, where else
is good in the area ?

Ian