Atomic

Old November 14th 04, 04:23 PM
a a

Default Atomic

What can you tell about ATOMIC skies?
Thanks in advance
Bye

Old November 14th 04, 11:19 PM
Mary Malmros

a a wrote:

What can you tell about ATOMIC skies?

It's what you get after they drop one of them there nucular bombs.

--
Mary Malmros
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.

Old November 15th 04, 11:38 AM
MoonMan

Mary Malmros wrote:
a a wrote:

What can you tell about ATOMIC skies?

It's what you get after they drop one of them there nucular bombs.

I was going to say they are useually yellow or red, but your answers better

Chris *:-)

Old November 15th 04, 01:10 PM
Mary Malmros

MoonMan wrote:

Mary Malmros wrote:

a a wrote:

What can you tell about ATOMIC skies?

It's what you get after they drop one of them there nucular bombs.

I was going to say they are useually yellow or red, but your answers better

But not very helpful, I'll admit ;-)

To OP, Atomic, like all major ski manufacturers, has many different
models divided into a number of different product lines designed for
different types of skiing. I like Atomic and think their manufacturing
quality is very good, but I wouldn't pretend to know the first thing
about most of the skis they make. If you're looking at a particular
model, or want a ski for a particular purpose, then maybe you can use
that to narrow down your inquiry.

Old November 15th 04, 04:59 PM
Walt

Mary Malmros wrote:

To OP, Atomic, like all major ski manufacturers, has many different
models divided into a number of different product lines designed for
different types of skiing. I like Atomic and think their manufacturing
quality is very good, but I wouldn't pretend to know the first thing
about most of the skis they make. If you're looking at a particular
model, or want a ski for a particular purpose, then maybe you can use
that to narrow down your inquiry.

The nickel tour:
C series for on-piste recreational carving e.g. C8, C9
SL series for slalom racing e.g. SL9, SL11
GS series for GS racing e.g. GS9, GS11
SX series for all mountain recreational use e.g. SX9, SX11
and some new fangled thing called the Mertron that I haven't com to
grips with yet. Plus some powder models, some park-n-pipe trick skis,
and some women's models.

Higher number means a more advanced ski, for more advanced skiers. I
think they all require the Atomic Device binding (may be some exceptions)

Good skis, and good value (i.e. good bang for the buck). The C9 may be
one of the most popular skis ever made.

--
//-Walt
//
Old November 15th 04, 07:18 PM
Chuck

"a a" wrote in :

What can you tell about ATOMIC skies?
Thanks in advance
Bye

They come in pairs.
Old November 17th 04, 07:10 AM
rosco

Walt wrote:

Mary Malmros wrote:

[...]

Thanks, Walt. I never knew their number system.

RAC

Old November 17th 04, 07:38 AM
Dmitry

"rosco" wrote

SX series for all mountain recreational use e.g. SX9, SX11

Thanks, Walt. I never knew their number system.

I missed the initial post, but SX is definitely not a recreational
ski. As Atomic likes to write in their marketing blobs, SX:11 is
the ski the '02 x-games were won in skicross, so they're a full-on
race ski. SX:9 and 7 may be recreational, but definitely not 11.

That doesn't mean they can't be used for recreation I guess

Old November 17th 04, 01:01 PM
Mary Malmros

Dmitry wrote:

"rosco" wrote

SX series for all mountain recreational use e.g. SX9, SX11

Thanks, Walt. I never knew their number system.

I missed the initial post, but SX is definitely not a recreational
ski. As Atomic likes to write in their marketing blobs, SX:11 is
the ski the '02 x-games were won in skicross, so they're a full-on
race ski. SX:9 and 7 may be recreational, but definitely not 11.

That doesn't mean they can't be used for recreation I guess

Depends on your type of recreation. My favorite "recreational" ski is
the Beta Race 9.12, which was Atomic's World Cup slalom ski in '02 IIRC.
If I had the money for it, I'd have a pair of SL:11s for the same
purpose.

Most people you see on the SX:11 aren't using them for any kind of
competition; they just want a high-performance ski. What I've heard is
that the SX:11 is the SL:11 with a slightly non-FIS-compliant sidecut.
The difference between 7, 9, 11 in Atomics is basically
stiffness/beefiness/construction. The lower the number, the more
forgiving the ski; the higher the number, the bossier the ski. From
having skied a bunch of Atomics, I know where I like to be on their flex
scale, but I think it's best to ski on at least one pair (probably the
9) to get a reference point, rather than relying on a verbal description.

Old November 17th 04, 07:45 PM
Dmitry

"Mary Malmros" wrote

Most people you see on the SX:11 aren't using them for any kind of competition; they just want a high-performance ski. What I've
heard is that the SX:11 is the SL:11 with a slightly non-FIS-compliant sidecut. The difference between 7, 9, 11 in Atomics is
basically stiffness/beefiness/construction. The lower the number, the more forgiving the ski; the higher the number, the bossier
the ski. From having skied a bunch of Atomics, I know where I like to be on their flex scale, but I think it's best to ski on at
least one pair (probably the 9) to get a reference point, rather than relying on a verbal description.

I have SX:9, so I know what the difference with SX:11 is. The titanium
rods in the B-profile in SX:11, carbon fiber in SX:9, and the base in
SX:11 is better than on 9. SX:11 is mighty stiff.

I'm curious as to how it compares with other skicross offerings: head
xrc, dynastar skicross 10, etc. I'll be able to compare with head - a
friend has one in the same size as my SX:9 (170).

New skis this year, volkl vs atomic Kiel Crowe Alpine Skiing 2 October 18th 04 08:20 PM
Atomic warranty Jon C Alpine Skiing 1 February 11th 04 03:09 AM
Advice on Atomic Skis - SL11 or GS11 Andrew Alpine Skiing 11 February 6th 04 02:21 PM
any experience with atomic boards? [email protected] Snowboarding 4 October 7th 03 07:55 PM
Atomic Ski Bindings - 4.12 or 6.14 which is better for me? Christopher Luke Alpine Skiing 7 August 10th 03 03:40 PM