good snow december time in serre chevalier ??

Old July 12th 03, 05:11 PM
bdubya

Default good snow december time in serre chevalier ??

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 10:04:30 -0600, "pigo"
wrote:

"bdubya" wrote in message
.. .

Some people also forget that thanks in part to us the French are FREE,
which means they _don't_ have to take orders from our president.

I don't think people forget that. I don't. They are as free to "not take
orders" (I would call it reciprocate some cooperation) as we are to
ignore or even actively work contrary to their best interest (as they
have done to us).
The old "goose/gander" rule.
The problem is they can afford to "go under". We have been here to save
them. Do you think that they would be able to save *us* were we in need?
NOT!

You didn't read the whole thread, did you? Or study the American
Revolution?

bw
Old July 12th 03, 11:14 PM
pigo

"bdubya" wrote in message
On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 10:04:30 -0600, "pigo"
wrote:

"bdubya" wrote in message
.. .

Some people also forget that thanks in part to us the French are

FREE,
which means they _don't_ have to take orders from our president.

I don't think people forget that. I don't. They are as free to "not

take
orders" (I would call it reciprocate some cooperation) as we are to
ignore or even actively work contrary to their best interest (as they
have done to us).
The old "goose/gander" rule.
The problem is they can afford to "go under". We have been here to

save
them. Do you think that they would be able to save *us* were we in

need?
NOT!

You didn't read the whole thread, did you? Or study the American
Revolution?

I only read that one that I quoted and replied to. It doesn't change
what I said.

I have studied the AR. Have you ever water skied?

Old July 13th 03, 12:05 AM
Mary Malmros

"pigo" writes:

"bdubya" wrote in message

Some people also forget that thanks in part to us the French are FREE,
which means they _don't_ have to take orders from our president.

I don't think people forget that. I don't. They are as free to "not take
orders" (I would call it reciprocate some cooperation) as we are to
ignore or even actively work contrary to their best interest (as they
have done to us).

And some of "we" do not like others telling us what "we" should do
with our recreational budgets.

--
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::
Mary Malmros
Old July 13th 03, 12:40 AM
bdubya

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 17:14:38 -0600, "pigo"
wrote:

"bdubya" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 10:04:30 -0600, "pigo"
wrote:

"bdubya" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Yeah, even on molten water. It's fun, but not as good as on water in
its natural (crystallized) state.

bw
Old July 13th 03, 01:34 AM
Mary Malmros

"pigo" writes:

"Mary Malmros" wrote in message
"pigo" writes:

"bdubya" wrote in message

Some people also forget that thanks in part to us the French are

FREE,
which means they _don't_ have to take orders from our president.

I don't think people forget that. I don't. They are as free to "not

take
orders" (I would call it reciprocate some cooperation) as we are to
ignore or even actively work contrary to their best interest (as

they
have done to us).

And some of "we" do not like others telling us what "we" should do
with our recreational budgets.

Did I do that?

Did I say you did? Thread's not all about you.

--
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::

Old July 13th 03, 01:34 AM
Mike Speegle

In newsigo typed:
"bdubya" wrote in message

Yeah, even on molten water. It's fun, but not as good as on water
in its natural (crystallized) state.

Waterskiing is easier to do, harder to be good at. Speeds of a slalom
turn reach 50-60.

If the natural state of water is crystallized, why do they call it
"snow" in that state and "water" when it's not? I would think that the
broadest name would come from the "natural state".

Old Indian dialect. Kinda like Vail being the old Indian word for
icy and snow-packed in spots. ;-)
--
Mike
"Colorado Ski Country, USA" Come often, Ski hard,

Old July 13th 03, 03:27 PM
pigo

"Mary Malmros" wrote in message

And some of "we" do not like others telling us what "we" should do
with our recreational budgets.

Did I do that?

Did I say you did? Thread's not all about you.

I know. That's why I asked. You replied directly to me and my post
though. Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me for assuming the obvious.

Old July 15th 03, 10:38 AM
jonathan storey

Thanks everyone,
i eventually found all the info i needed on a web site (ski uk i
think - had all the historical data on snow depths). Oh, btw, i'm
british & snow here is poor to say the least. When it eventually
snows here, it paralyses the country from head to toe & all the
councills sh^t themselves.

Going to serre chevalier for 2weeks in january now If anyones about,
hook up for a drink or two

Laters

"pigo" wrote in
:

Old July 16th 03, 02:10 PM
uglymoney

Default Summer skiing (was good snow december time in serre chevalier ??

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 12:46:01 -0600, "Let Mikey Ski It!"
wrote:

Sam Seiber wrote:

ps. Man, this 90+ degree heat here in Denver sure
gives me the jones for ski weather.

Then go skiing! Trip report from 5 July:

http://homepage.mac.com/saemisch/Sundance/Sundance.html

It might be good one more weekend. Keep hanging on.

Mike...

I looked this whole page over, and at all the pictures
several times. What a great run that is. Amazing the
calender of skiing that Colorado unfolds in a great season
like last year.

I assume that the road opens based on snowpack, and that the
snow melts quickly after the road opens, and its impossible
to tell when the road opens.

Anyway, I am going to cache your report.

Nate
Old July 16th 03, 07:35 PM
Let Mikey Ski It!

uglymoney wrote:

I looked this whole page over, and at all the pictures
several times. What a great run that is. Amazing the
calender of skiing that Colorado unfolds in a great season
like last year.

I assume that the road opens based on snowpack, and that the
snow melts quickly after the road opens, and its impossible
to tell when the road opens.

Thanks Nate. Yes, a great run. And, yes, the exit road is closed during
the winter until they clear it each spring. The traditional date to open
Fall River Rd. (the ending point) is the 4th of July so you can pretty
much plan on that annually (which we are - see you there next year!). In
a low snow year, they might open earlier so you need to watch for it.
And yes, the snow is melting quickly so you have about a two week window
unless you want to hike out. Trail Ridge Road (the starting point) opens
traditionally on Memorial Day. There is some more easily accessed skiing
on Trail Ridge before Fall River opens, though. Next year.

Anyway, I am going to cache your report.

Thanks. I need to update my index for these individual reports.

So, applied for any jobs in Colorado, yet?!?

Mike...

--
See my ski photography at: http://PowderDay.us
Carpe powder-diem