wcsn vs torrents

Old January 16th 07, 02:01 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
32 degrees

Default wcsn vs torrents

Whats the deal here?

Am i missing something?

$4.95 US dollars I can see any video of a world cup race instantly.... no
download, no hard drive space taken up, instant fast forward to the good
stuff ... Seems as thought torrents are ok if you want to hassle with it,
save the file, view later, burn to dvd, but for me, I'll take WSCN !!

I just watched the sprint finals from the Tour de Ski. I was pulling for
Fredrickson from Sweden !! Norway wins too much

Will be interesting to see if Newell/Koos can pull off some good sprinting
next weekend when the US team rejoins the European tour.

JKal.

Old January 16th 07, 02:45 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Usually better commentary on Eurosport. Often they have that English
biathlon skier or a Scandinavian coach between jobs sharing the booth.
Probably even better on NRK, if I could understand it. Watch the WSCN
women's 15k classical (stage 5) and the announcers don't add much and
keep misestimating the time gaps by a large margin. With a 40 second
gap and 3.6K to go, Peter Graves actually thought Bjoergen was going
to catch Sarinen, when the Norwegian was actually losing time.

rm

Old January 16th 07, 10:14 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
32 degrees

I hear you on the commentary thing. The WSCN guys aren't too good.
I'll take an ex-Scandanavian coach with a good thick accent speaking English
any day. Who was the guy calling the World Championship pursuit race a year
or two ago when Aalsgaard passed Joergen Brink as he blew up? That
announcer was my favorite for sure.

JKal.

Old January 16th 07, 02:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

is the WCSN working? is it sending LIVE?
There were some problems with this in November:

Read yesterday in a press release from the US Ski Team that www.wcsn.com
will be 'airing' all FIS World Cup evetns this winter over the internet. I
have tried to access their site the past couple of days and have had little
success. The schedule listed also doesn't list any nordic races, only
alpine. Anyone have any expereince with wcsn.com? I seem to recall they
air bike races. THe fee, I think 4.95/month, seems reasonsable if you can
see all WC action live and on demand.
Anyone know much about this?
DMK

No sign of last weekends race on WCSN. Looks like a nice idea but it isn't
going to happen. Did the races get captured for bit torrent seeding?
JC

I can see a schedule he
http://www.wcsn.com/article/custom.j...17933&id=34032

Old January 16th 07, 02:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Same day delay seems the thing. Don't know if that's marketing
due to events being in Europe or for technical reasons. Somebody
mentioned downloads recently, but don't see how. There are blackout
restrictions linked at bottom. Norway looks to get only racewalking
and karate.