Rockered skis are the future - confirmed!

Old January 10th 11, 11:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default Rockered skis are the future - confirmed!

On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 10:12:09 -0800, lal_truckee
wrote this crap:

On 1/10/11 9:41 AM, Evojeesus wrote:

I've seen the future and it looks helluva good!! Booyah!!

I've heard that there are companies making this deal with two skis and a
cogged rubber belt - you can even get it with a gas engine. They say
it'll go anywhere and no skill at all is needed from the rider. Maybe
that's the wave of the next future after your future?

I'm getting a pair with an anti-gravity generator built in.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. Repeal the nightmares.

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe
Old January 10th 11, 11:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Jan 10, 3:19*pm, lal_truckee wrote:
On 1/10/11 10:45 AM, Evojeesus wrote:

Fixing the heel is such a cop-out you bunch of losers!

Oh, the horror.

We really thought we were onto something when they invented those
hook-like doohickeys that you screwed into your wood ski on the sidewall
a couple of inches in front of the heel. You could slip your front-throw
binding cable into the hooks on each side and holy cow your heel would
be more or less held down. Made skiing so much easier, it felt like
cheating.

Next thing you know, Head started making these metal lam skis and things
were ruined forever.

I stayed with wood skis until I pulled the toe binding screws out in
1966 - I still have that pair, mounted on the cabin wall.

Just another dumb**** luddite bragging about being an ignorant
dumb**** luddite.
Old January 10th 11, 11:34 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 10:23:12 -0800 (PST), pigo
wrote this crap:

We can't have anyone being better at something than anyone else can
we? Think what that would do to their self esteem ! Oh the horror !!

I'm going to get one of those new ball and driver combo's. All you
have to do is hit the ball and it goes in the hole. So as you see,
it's still a sport. You have to hit the ball. Once I have one of those
I'll be going professional. I'll be 52 under every game !!!!!!

I've got one better. You hit the ball and it goes into the hole, then
jumps out and goes to the next hole and so on. Boo-yah!

I'll sit back and sip a beer while the equipment does the work.

Old January 11th 11, 01:21 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

wrote this crap:

On 1/10/11 9:41 AM, Evojeesus wrote:

I've seen the future and it looks helluva good!! Booyah!!

I've heard that there are companies making this deal with two skis and a
cogged rubber belt - you can even get it with a gas engine. They say
it'll go anywhere and no skill at all is needed from the rider. Maybe
that's the wave of the next future after your future?

I'm getting a pair with an anti-gravity generator built in.

Bring them to DV tomorrow, ppppuuuusssssyyyyy, and you will get
intimately acquainted with gravity.
Old January 11th 11, 10:44 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Evojeesus

On Jan 11, 12:19*am, lal_truckee wrote:
On 1/10/11 10:45 AM, Evojeesus wrote:

Fixing the heel is such a cop-out you bunch of losers!

Oh, the horror.

We really thought we were onto something when they invented those
hook-like doohickeys that you screwed into your wood ski on the sidewall
a couple of inches in front of the heel. You could slip your front-throw
binding cable into the hooks on each side and holy cow your heel would
be more or less held down. Made skiing so much easier, it felt like
cheating.

Progress!

Next thing you know, Head started making these metal lam skis and things
were ruined forever.

More progress!

I stayed with wood skis until I pulled the toe binding screws out in
1966 - I still have that pair, mounted on the cabin wall.

Cool, but what was the year when "real" skiing died, equipmentwise?