What do you do in the off season for training?

Old October 5th 08, 10:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Tshredda

Default What do you do in the off season for training?

Hey everyone!
I've been snowboarding for about 9 years now and this year is the
first that I decided to actually train in the off season. I'm going to
be doing a lot of bicycling because I've read it works a lot of the
same muscles and cardio is good for high altitudes. I starteda blog on
training for the off season if anyone's interested in checking it out
http://tshredda.blogspot.com/

I was just wondering what anyone else does to stay in shape for the
off season? This will be my first year competing in freestyle and I
want to be ready.

Cheers!
Old October 6th 08, 12:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Christian Georg Becker

Tshredda schrieb:
Hey everyone!
I've been snowboarding for about 9 years now and this year is the
first that I decided to actually train in the off season. I'm going to
be doing a lot of bicycling because I've read it works a lot of the
same muscles and cardio is good for high altitudes. I starteda blog on
training for the off season if anyone's interested in checking it out
http://tshredda.blogspot.com/

I was just wondering what anyone else does to stay in shape for the
off season? This will be my first year competing in freestyle and I
want to be ready.

I bike by default. Germany and the bike beeing normal for going to
work/study are the cause. So that nearly solves the stamina-problem.
Swimming would be even better, but I'm too lazy to do it regularly.

For balance I have trampoline, got it after a skiing accident to
restabilize the knee. Just stand on it, lift one foot and hold the knee
axis of the other leg stable during some moves. Trains you knee and your
feet.
But now that we bought a Wiiiiiiii Fit Balance Board I might trash the
trampoline, the balance games are both funny and hard.

And for springiness and strength there's the gym or a bigger trampoline
I'm more into riding deeper snow/sometimes carving.

Krischan