Odd

Old February 16th 10, 03:24 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace[_3_]

Default Odd

On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 14:57:01 GMT, "Jérémy" wrote:

I was in Morillon and Samoens on Sunday. Excellent, if rather cold. Lots
of bumps everywhere. Of course it could all be gone in another couple of
weeks....

Not going to be doing the GM at all this season, which is a shame, but
it's nearly four hour's drive, and since we now have our own place
just 1.5 hours away...

But Morillon sometimes has the best of the snow, despite it relatively
lowly heights. They nearly always manage to keep the (North-facing)
run down to 1100m open well into April, and sometimes that area and
altitude gets dumps of late powder even when Flaine itself doesn't.

--
Ace
Ski Club of Great Britain http://www.skiclub.co.uk/
Old February 16th 10, 03:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ollie Clark

Roger Moss wrote:

"Pip Luscher" wrote in message
I didn't think tumbleweed was an Alpine phenomenon.

Quiet in here this year, isn't it?

Sure is - lured away by web forums, perhaps?

I think you're right. Noone uses USENET anymore. Well, hardly
anyone...

Then again, I've been pretty quiet on forums this year as well.
Old February 17th 10, 12:49 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Colin Irvine[_4_]

On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 14:57:01 GMT, Jérémy squeezed out the following:

Colin Irvine wrote in
news
On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 19:06:25 +0000, Pip Luscher squeezed out the
following:

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 00:58:51 +0000, Colin Irvine
wrote:

On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 18:32:06 +0000, Pip Luscher squeezed out the
following:

In that case, I'll be a complete ******* in a couple of weeks for a
couple of weeks.

And me in a month. Where're you going?

Flaine.

Snap. Well, Samoëns.

I was in Morillon and Samoens on Sunday. Excellent, if rather cold. Lots
of bumps everywhere. Of course it could all be gone in another couple of
weeks....

" "

--
Colin Irvine
Old February 17th 10, 07:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Pip Luscher[_3_]

On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 14:57:01 GMT, "Jérémy" wrote:

I was in Morillon and Samoens on Sunday. Excellent, if rather cold. Lots
of bumps everywhere. Of course it could all be gone in another couple of
weeks....

Oh *thank* you for that cheery outlook :-)

--
-Pip
Old February 20th 10, 02:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Pip Luscher[_3_]

On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 11:13:31 +0100, BrritSki
wrote:

we
skied last Saturday in Terminillo where I first put skis on some 34
years ago.

That set me back to thinking about when I first put on skis. It was in
Harlow. Sadly, not the sort of place one can get all misty-eyed about.

--
-Pip
Old February 20th 10, 03:20 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace[_3_]

wrote:

we
skied last Saturday in Terminillo where I first put skis on some 34
years ago.

That set me back to thinking about when I first put on skis. It was in
Harlow. Sadly, not the sort of place one can get all misty-eyed about.

Hemel Hempstead for me.

Old February 20th 10, 03:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
vulgarandmischevious

wrote:

we
skied last Saturday in Terminillo where I first put skis on some 34
years ago.

That set me back to thinking about when I first put on skis. It was in
Harlow. Sadly, not the sort of place one can get all misty-eyed about.

Hemel Hempstead for me.

Monarch, Colorado for me. Two years ago in April.

(newbie scum)
Old February 20th 10, 03:44 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace[_3_]

wrote:

we
skied last Saturday in Terminillo where I first put skis on some 34
years ago.

That set me back to thinking about when I first put on skis. It was in
Harlow. Sadly, not the sort of place one can get all misty-eyed about.

Hemel Hempstead for me.

Monarch, Colorado for me. Two years ago in April.

(newbie scum)

I was 33 when I started, so you've still got some time to go.
Old February 21st 10, 01:07 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Colin Irvine[_4_]

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 16:20:53 +0100, Ace squeezed out the following:

wrote:

we
skied last Saturday in Terminillo where I first put skis on some 34
years ago.

That set me back to thinking about when I first put on skis. It was in
Harlow. Sadly, not the sort of place one can get all misty-eyed about.

Hemel Hempstead for me.

Glenshee for me. Bit of a baptism by fire, really.

--
Colin Irvine
Old February 21st 10, 10:31 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Roger Moss[_4_]

news

wrote:

we
skied last Saturday in Terminillo where I first put skis on some 34
years ago.

That set me back to thinking about when I first put on skis. It was in
Harlow. Sadly, not the sort of place one can get all misty-eyed about.

Hemel Hempstead for me.

Glenshee for me. Bit of a baptism by fire, really.

--
Colin Irvine

My turn came 13 years ago in Mont Saint-Anne, Quebec on a 'Learn to ski or
snowboard' press trip.
No-brainer, really... totally changed my life. In at the deep end -25C!!

Roger
www.mountainpassions.com - an Online Magazine with Altitude