National Masters 10km skate

Old January 3rd 05, 05:05 PM
Jim Kelley

Default National Masters 10km skate

Rumor has it that the 10km skate for the National Masters will be moved
to Trollhaugen Ski Area (Troll Hollow) in Dresser, WI. Course
supposedly will go up the entire mountain past the pond and back down -
2x5km loops. Should be a tough course. Surprised that they made this
call so far in advance but I guess they have to make sure the logistics
are in place. Anyone have the inside scoop?

Old January 4th 05, 01:44 PM
Bjorn A. Payne Diaz

Jim Kelley wrote:
Rumor has it that the 10km skate for the National Masters will be

moved
to Trollhaugen Ski Area (Troll Hollow) in Dresser, WI. Course
supposedly will go up the entire mountain past the pond and back down

-
2x5km loops. Should be a tough course. Surprised that they made

this
call so far in advance but I guess they have to make sure the

logistics
are in place. Anyone have the inside scoop?

Boy, that would be one screaming downhill. I can imagine 40 mph....at
night.

I think the 30 km classic should be on the Birkie trail. If they need
to run the 10 km at night, then I guess Trollhaugen. Then have the
pursuit on the Telemark Trails, or better, the Silver Trail at Giants
Ridge. Would that take the race out of Ramsey County?

Jay Wenner