V1 slow motion

Old March 11th 13, 10:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default V1 slow motion

olsson, Manificat, Hellner, Northug, Cologna

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd-Bb5RuCRg

What's up with Peter Northug ?
Is he actually achieving to push backward instead of sideway ?

For the overwhelming majority of us, trying to push backward induces hips rotation and has negative effects. This is generally a wrong catch from too much inline rollerskate.
Old March 12th 13, 06:01 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

At first, Northug is tired and sloppy. Looking at the side shots
further along, Northug's basic push off does not seem different than
Cologna's. What's different is the way his lower leg rotates after
pushing off, as if there is an anatomical anomaly.

Gene

Old March 13th 13, 02:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

He's certainly tired, but Peter often has that sloppy attitude... just before doing his famous final sprint. It's a way for him to achieve maximum relaxation, I think.
I've always noticed his way of lowering the tip of his ski while doing V1. This is quite remarkable here, but he's always doing it.
Doing it is possible only by leaving the leg backward. One positive effect I can think of (leave apart the possibility of backward push) is relaxing the quads.

Old March 14th 13, 06:29 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

In the same vein, maybe it's time to see a video of myself. I'm a good
(and old and slow) skater, but some occurrence of tip starting across
drives me crazy. For lack of a better explanation and fix, I've
assumed that it's related to my legs below the knees pointing outward -
there's a medical term for this that starts with 'v' (not knock kneed)
- which means I'm often not quite over the ski as most people are.
That's why I wondered if Northug's habit may in part be anatomical,
along with how he learned to skate to start with.

Gene

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 07:58:21 -0700 (PDT)
wrote:

He's certainly tired, but Peter often has that sloppy attitude...
just before doing his famous final sprint. It's a way for him to
achieve maximum relaxation, I think. I've always noticed his way of
lowering the tip of his ski while doing V1. This is quite remarkable
here, but he's always doing it. Doing it is possible only by leaving
the leg backward. One positive effect I can think of (leave apart the
possibility of backward push) is relaxing the quads.

skating technique - slow motion [email protected] Nordic Skiing 6 December 31st 10 08:05 AM
Marker Motion LT Norm Alpine Skiing 0 January 2nd 06 09:18 AM
burton motion anybody? paul m Snowboarding 1 January 15th 04 05:57 PM
WTB: burton motion 156 paul m Marketplace 0 January 2nd 04 08:18 PM
Watching Janne's videos - is there a player with slow motion? Erik Brooks Nordic Skiing 4 December 23rd 03 07:32 AM