Fanny pack for a bottle and more

Old August 20th 13, 02:16 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default Fanny pack for a bottle and more

Hi,

I searhced the group for ideas but most posts are quite dated and do not really cover what I have in mind.

When I roller ski, I usually carry a fanny pack that accommodates a V2 150 wheel (a spare) and a couple of small tools to put it on/off. I can't say how many times this saved the day. Now, I feel I could go longer and stonger if only I had water with me. Unfortunately, my fanny pack doesn't have a bottle holder. The ones that I see on the web (with a slanted bottle for easy access) don't look like their accessory pocket will hold much, unless it's a 2-4 bottle monstrocity with a whole chest in the middle. I don't really like the idea of a hydration pack as I don't like anything on my back during the summer. Also, too many parts to wash, maintain, arrange, etc.

So, if someone can recommend a waist pack with a bottle and a decent-sized pocket...
Old August 20th 13, 03:09 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

I haven't often needed to carry a lot in my Salomon slanted pack, but
get around the problem when I do by wearing shorts with two normal side
pockets, or the light hiking type shorts that also have one or two
full thigh pockets. If I recall correctly from my V2 150 days - a long
time ago - the 150 spare wheel fit in one of those pockets. I also use
a larger, lighter bottle than the ones typically provided with the pack.
For greater need, I use a small to mid-sized camelbak.

Gene

Old August 21st 13, 07:03 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jon[_3_]

I'm planning on buying this Salomon Jacket with a rear pocket (and plenty of front pockets) for this sort of thing: http://www.salomon.com/us/product/el...-jacket-m.html (and just carry water in a light, single bottle carrier).

I used to hate hydration packs also, but the new ones move quite nicely with the body (e.g., Salomon "Agile") and it's nice having the luxury of all the space.

Also, Ultimate Direction has a 2-bottle pack that's meant for skiing in the sense that it's very compact and the bottle don't get in the way of your arms swing. "Chest" in center is decent sized with a compression strap.

How about a good pack? mdR Alpine Skiing 20 December 7th 06 05:44 AM
Pulk or Pack BobT Backcountry Skiing 5 December 6th 05 01:56 AM
Sp0ck you big coke-bottle style eyeglasses rube! Joe Canuck Alpine Skiing 1 December 19th 04 05:38 PM
* GO PACK GO ! * J999w Nordic Skiing 3 December 29th 03 03:22 AM
Hydration Pack in the Back Country Arco Backcountry Skiing 17 October 17th 03 12:03 AM