boots help

Old January 18th 05, 08:33 PM
Goran

Default boots help

I hade buy burton tribute boots, but they are about half number to big for
me.
What can I put in the boots to eliminate this comfort?

Old January 18th 05, 10:55 PM

I'd probably put them up on Ebay and buy a pair that fit right. About
the only things you
can do with these are to wear a heavier sock or to put in thicker foot
beds. Both of those
will help, but how much is a question, don't expect them to ever be
right. Plus as they pack
in over time, they will only get worse.

When trying on a boot and wearing them use a thin sock. Later, if you
need to, you can go
to a heavier one if you really need to.

Old January 19th 05, 03:12 PM

If they are too big just buy a set of inner soles. Any hiking store
sells them or pharmacy. Buy good ones and you will be happy.
If you did not use them you can try to return them. Just tell them
that you picked up the wrong box by accident.

Old January 20th 05, 02:37 PM

"Just tell them
that you picked up the wrong box by accident."

I don't know where you buy stuff, but in my experience, if the vendor
accepts returns, which most do, the boots not fitting are a perfectly
valid reason for returning them, without having to lie. I'd have to
disagree with foot beds being a solution he'll likely be happy with.
If a boot is oversize, foot beds may help, but are unlikely to fix the
problem, as foot beds only take up some room vertically, which may
reduce problems like heel slip. But they don't address the real
problem which is the boot is too long and the foot will move for and
aft.

Old January 20th 05, 11:08 PM
David

"Goran" wrote in message ...
I hade buy burton tribute boots, but they are about half number to big for
me.
What can I put in the boots to eliminate this comfort?

Can you get a different liner? I think some boots use one shell size
to cover more than one boot size, when paired with different liners.

But if all you want to do is eliminate the comfort, it should be easy...

Soft Boots? MH Alpine Skiing 4 December 14th 04 01:10 AM
Boots with narrow heels? AsaaraAgain Snowboarding 5 March 16th 04 07:29 AM
Salomon 9 vs Carbon Griss Nordic Skiing 9 January 6th 04 05:25 PM
Soft Boots Need Help houseslave Alpine Skiing 0 December 25th 03 04:14 PM
Boots pinch front of ankle... Tall Rider Brett Snowboarding 11 October 7th 03 02:02 AM