Fitting Fischer Z13 binding to older model RC4 GS skis

Old January 6th 08, 09:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default Fitting Fischer Z13 binding to older model RC4 GS skis

Hi,

I'm looking for advice about Fischer skis and bindings. I have a set
of RC4 GS 2003 model year and I recently acquired a set of Z13
bindings 2007 model year. I see that the hole settings on the bindings
are not compatible with the holes on the skis. I wondering if (a)
there is some kind of adaptor available that mounts on the skis, or
(b) the skis can be drilled for the hole spacings on the new bindings,
or (c) am I stuck with older bindings that were designed to fit the
skis from that model year?

From what I understand the basic ski design hasn't changed since the
97 model year when the RC4 was introduced - only the design on the
cover has changed. The technology advances have all been in the
bindings. But clearly, the factory drilled holes have changed over the
years.

I'd appreciate any advice from someone knowledgeable about Fischer
racing skis. Cheers,

David

Old January 7th 08, 05:11 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

wrote:
Please ignore my first post. I've since discovered the mounting plates
can be re-drilled. I've decided to get a professional to do it for me.

When we do get around to answering these kinds of questions, the usual
response is to get a pro to do the mount - money well spent; so you just
jumped one step ahead of us ...
Bye

On Jan 6, 1:25 pm, wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking for advice about Fischer skis and bindings. I have a set
of RC4 GS 2003 model year and I recently acquired a set of Z13
bindings 2007 model year. I see that the hole settings on the bindings
are not compatible with the holes on the skis. I wondering if (a)
there is some kind of adaptor available that mounts on the skis, or
(b) the skis can be drilled for the hole spacings on the new bindings,
or (c) am I stuck with older bindings that were designed to fit the
skis from that model year?

From what I understand the basic ski design hasn't changed since the