just a comment

Old May 15th 07, 08:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Default just a comment

downhill wrote:
Did anyone notice that Bode was in the news again?
Two separate stories one he has quit the ski team and will run next year
as an independent. Then his cousin ran over a state trooper and then
shot the trooper dead then a passing moterist grabbed the trooper's gun
and killed bode's relative.

No, I wasn't aware of either, but I don't follow sports or
personality-driven news very carefully.

And I have cousins that I haven't communicated with for over 40 years;
what they do has no bearing whatsoever on my life. Don't blame Bode for
Bode's cousin's behavior.

//Walt
Old May 15th 07, 08:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Marty

On May 15, 2:58 pm, downhill wrote:
Did anyone notice that Bode was in the news again?
Two separate stories one he has quit the ski team and will run next year
as an independent. Then his cousin ran over a state trooper and then
shot the trooper dead then a passing moterist grabbed the trooper's gun
and killed bode's relative.
I guess everybody was too busy trying to convince a habitually lying
lowlife to publicly admit that he is a habitually lying lowlife with no
redeeming value.
Alan you really need a better hobby.

Yes to the 1st, no to the 2nd (yikes!).

As for the 1st: Now he can have his RV back. Good for Bode - good
for USST. Wish he would have done this years ago.
--
Marty

Old May 15th 07, 08:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article ,
downhill wrote:

Did anyone notice that Bode was in the news again?
Two separate stories one he has quit the ski team and will run next year
as an independent. Then his cousin ran over a state trooper and then
shot the trooper dead then a passing moterist grabbed the trooper's gun
and killed bode's relative.
I guess everybody was too busy trying to convince a habitually lying
lowlife to publicly admit that he is a habitually lying lowlife with no
redeeming value.
Alan you really need a better hobby.

I have lots of hobbies, but sometimes one is just hanging around the
computer too much...

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone and how he missed

Old May 15th 07, 09:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

Marty wrote:

On May 15, 2:58 pm, downhill wrote:

Did anyone notice that Bode was in the news again?
Two separate stories one he has quit the ski team and will run next year
as an independent. Then his cousin ran over a state trooper and then
shot the trooper dead then a passing moterist grabbed the trooper's gun
and killed bode's relative.
I guess everybody was too busy trying to convince a habitually lying
lowlife to publicly admit that he is a habitually lying lowlife with no
redeeming value.
Alan you really need a better hobby.

Yes to the 1st, no to the 2nd (yikes!).

As for the 1st: Now he can have his RV back. Good for Bode - good
for USST. Wish he would have done this years ago.
--
Marty

It made sports page in Sunday times and was in Daily new on saturday.
The family has had a problem with that trooper in the past, SI posted
something about bode fighting the speeding ticket issued by that trooper
to **** off that trooper

Old May 15th 07, 10:03 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Edwin

On May 15, 3:28 pm, Alan Baker wrote:
In article ,

downhill wrote:
Did anyone notice that Bode was in the news again?
Two separate stories one he has quit the ski team and will run next year
as an independent. Then his cousin ran over a state trooper and then
shot the trooper dead then a passing moterist grabbed the trooper's gun
and killed bode's relative.
I guess everybody was too busy trying to convince a habitually lying
lowlife to publicly admit that he is a habitually lying lowlife with no
redeeming value.
Alan you really need a better hobby.

I have lots of hobbies, but sometimes one is just hanging around the
computer too much...

Oh, c'mon off it... Usenet and being an arsehole are the only two
"hobbies" you have.

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone and how he missed
the demo of the iPhone speakerphone.

Case in point: the way you changed your signature line because I
missed the last two seconds of a flash presentation. Nothing else
on Apple's site said anything at all about the iPhone containing a
speaker phone.

Old May 15th 07, 10:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On May 15, 2:50 pm, downhill wrote:
Marty wrote:
[...]

to **** off that trooper- Hide quoted text -

Members of small police forces in small towns often develop adverse
relationships with the locals. I recall the Police Chief (and only
member) of the Sugar Hill, NH police force, who gave me my first
traffic ticket. Sugar Hill is just up the hill and west of Franconia,
where Bode lives.

I don't know if he gave me the ticket because my passenger called him
"Barney", or because of the half-empty Colt-45 Malt Liquor can he
waved at the Chief when he said it.

Old May 16th 07, 03:38 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

downhill wrote:
Did anyone notice that Bode was in the news again?
Two separate stories one he has quit the ski team and will run next year
as an independent. Then his cousin ran over a state trooper and then
shot the trooper dead then a passing moterist grabbed the trooper's gun
and killed bode's relative.
I guess everybody was too busy trying to convince a habitually lying
lowlife to publicly admit that he is a habitually lying lowlife with no
redeeming value.
Alan you really need a better hobby.

I have lots of hobbies, but sometimes one is just hanging around the
computer too much...

Oh, c'mon off it... Usenet and being an arsehole are the only two
"hobbies" you have.

You mean other than golf, hockey, skiing, sailing, music...

LOL

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone and how he missed
the demo of the iPhone speakerphone.

Case in point: the way you changed your signature line because I
missed the last two seconds of a flash presentation. Nothing else
on Apple's site said anything at all about the iPhone containing a
speaker phone.

You're right, Edwin, I should change that...
--
"I always read what is posted, as I don't share your habits." -- "Upon
rereading your original post, I see that I have been mistaken in what I wrote.
Old May 16th 07, 04:17 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

Alan Baker wrote:

In article ,
downhill wrote:

Did anyone notice that Bode was in the news again?
Two separate stories one he has quit the ski team and will run next year
as an independent. Then his cousin ran over a state trooper and then
shot the trooper dead then a passing moterist grabbed the trooper's gun
and killed bode's relative.
I guess everybody was too busy trying to convince a habitually lying
lowlife to publicly admit that he is a habitually lying lowlife with no
redeeming value.
Alan you really need a better hobby.

I have lots of hobbies, but sometimes one is just hanging around the
computer too much...

I compare your quest to get the idiot to admit his faults to the
homeless guy panhandling in front of my building into cleaning up his act.
It just ain't gonna happen!

Old May 16th 07, 12:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo

I compare your quest to get the idiot to admit his faults to the
homeless guy panhandling in front of my building into cleaning up his act.
It just ain't gonna happen!- Hide quoted text -

He does have a point there.