Snowmas vs. Aspen and Aspen Highlands

Old December 8th 07, 01:17 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default Snowmas vs. Aspen and Aspen Highlands

I have been all around Colorado. Steamboat, Snowmass, Aspen, Asben
Highlands, Vail, Keystone etc. I would for sure choose Snowmass as my
favorite mountain. I love everything about it including everything off
the ski hill. Now I'm only in my teenage years but I have been skiing
since I was 3 years old. So that is more then 10 years and my family
and me go skiing in Colorado every year. AND I absolutly love
Snowmass. The wood-skiing is awsome and a challenge and it has a great
variety of beg. inter. and advanced runs. Also the food is great for
lunch.
At Aspen/Highlands, they were both great mountains, but kind of
boring. I had one day at Aspen Highlands and it was the worst of my
whole trip. The runs I managed to hit were straight and boring. Aspen
was ok but the snow sucked so I'm not going to judge it.
Old December 8th 07, 04:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
bdubya

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007 18:17:40 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I had one day at Aspen Highlands and it was the worst of my
whole trip. The runs I managed to hit were straight and boring.

You missed a lot. There's some real fun terrain further up and
further back.

bw
Old December 9th 07, 03:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Ernieman

wrote in message
I have been all around Colorado. Steamboat, Snowmass, Aspen, Asben
Highlands, Vail, Keystone etc. I would for sure choose Snowmass as my
favorite mountain. I love everything about it including everything off
the ski hill. Now I'm only in my teenage years but I have been skiing
since I was 3 years old. So that is more then 10 years and my family
and me go skiing in Colorado every year. AND I absolutly love
Snowmass. The wood-skiing is awsome and a challenge and it has a great
variety of beg. inter. and advanced runs. Also the food is great for
lunch.
At Aspen/Highlands, they were both great mountains, but kind of
boring. I had one day at Aspen Highlands and it was the worst of my
whole trip. The runs I managed to hit were straight and boring. Aspen
was ok but the snow sucked so I'm not going to judge it.

Which areas (slopes) of Snowmass are your favorite for "wood-skiing"? I
like Powerline, but would like to know about other potential tree-skiing
areas. The trees seem to be too close to each other off the Long Shot
trail.

Ernie

Old December 9th 07, 03:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
DZN

I love Snowmass. The biggest problem I have with it is that there is very
little terrain for when you hit the point of being bored with the
intermediate runs (of which there are many, many great ones and boredom
doesn't come that quickly) and not comfortable doing any of the double
diamonds runs. This is particularly true if you like steeper terrain that
is groomed every once in a while (helpful for those of us with knee and back
problems). The second problem Snowmass is there is no real town there. The
Snowmass Mall just doesn't cut it. The expansion plans may alleviate this
issue.

Old January 3rd 08, 03:48 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Stallard

DZN wrote:
I love Snowmass. The biggest problem I have with it is that there is very
little terrain for when you hit the point of being bored with the
intermediate runs (of which there are many, many great ones and boredom
doesn't come that quickly) and not comfortable doing any of the double
diamonds runs. This is particularly true if you like steeper terrain that
is groomed every once in a while (helpful for those of us with knee and back
problems). The second problem Snowmass is there is no real town there.

Umm, Aspen? It's not that far away.

Dave

Aspen and Boulder, CO [email protected] Alpine Skiing 26 July 10th 06 02:42 AM
Aspen v Mammoth slanton Alpine Skiing 6 January 17th 06 05:13 PM
Aspen Report [email protected] Alpine Skiing 0 December 3rd 05 06:18 PM
Aspen questions phm Alpine Skiing 13 September 25th 05 01:29 PM
Snowmass - Aspen jesse t Alpine Skiing (moderated) 33 December 22nd 03 09:23 PM