My call to Scott

Old May 26th 07, 05:48 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default My call to Scott

I left work a little early - it's a tradition to have a "power
failure" Friday afternoons before 3-day weekends, and I had already
worked 40 hours this week, so I was able to stop at home, clean up the
patio, pull a few weeds, and change into nice clothes. I took a quick
peek at RSA while I was changing, and I noticed that Scott was
claiming a "bluff-called" victory a little after 5, and I hadn't even
left the house yet.

After getting to the dining room and getting seated, I could see that
calling during dinner was going to be a problem. The people seated
from my right were my wife, a local politician, a bishop, the guest-of-
honor's wife, the guest of honor, and the older gentleman who was
paying for the event. Well, I thought, maybe I can work it into the
conversation somehow, but it was not to be.

The food and entertainment were excellent. The guest of honor, an
elderly gentleman from overseas, surprised everyone by taking over the
musicians microphone and serenading his wife with a few tunes, after
which she took over the musician's keyboard and played a few pop
numbers herself.

However, after dinner was over and the guest of honor and his wife and
the Bishop had left, I felt a little less constrained, so I called. I
have suggested in jest that the language Scott uses on RSA is all the
vocabulary he has, and that theory was not disproved by his
conversation tonight. The cleanest words were on the order of
"dickless wimp", all in a continuous stream that didn't allow me to
say much myself except for apologizing for not calling earlier due to
the proximity of the bishop and the guest of honor. (I was hoping to
ask about setting up our $1000 downhill next season, among other
things). Scott kept up with things like "I want to tell these people
what you do on RSA", and even though they were litening, he missed the
opportunity and just kept up the stream of profanities.

Soon, my wife made me turn off the phone and leave the building if I
was to continue thje conversation, so walking with a friend to the
parking lot (where I had to pay $15 to park in a $6 lot just because
the Padres were playing), I called back. Scott's words were more
coherent that time. I understood things like "I'm going to put you in
the ground", which surprised me because I had told him others were
listening (I guess Scott will be hoping that I don't drop dead in the
next couple of weeks). He continued with his empty accusations, and
just like on RSA, when I asked him for details he responded with "You
know what you did!"

Sorry, no surprises. And since Scott has still not published any
details to which his bluff was called earlier today, I claim victory
again.

Old May 27th 07, 12:27 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
ant

Richard Henry wrote:

Sorry, no surprises. And since Scott has still not published any
details to which his bluff was called earlier today, I claim victory
again.

This poast is useless without audio.

--
Don't try to email me;