Need Recommendation for November in Colorado

Old August 9th 08, 11:08 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default Need Recommendation for November in Colorado

We're going to Denver for Thanksgiving and I was wondering if anyone
could recommend a resort that usually has snow in late November. I
figured you guys would be as good a place to check as any. We'll be
there Wed - Sat.

Cheers,
Rob

Old August 9th 08, 06:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Aug 9, 9:14*am, pigo wrote:
On Aug 9, 5:08*am, wrote:

We're going to Denver for Thanksgiving and I was wondering if anyone
could recommend a resort that usually has snow in late November. *I
figured you guys would be as good a place to check as any. *We'll be
there Wed - Sat.

Cheers,
Rob

Roll the dice.

Fair enough :-) Thanks.

After doing some checking on elevation, opening dates and distance
from Denver, I think we'll probably go with Copper.

Cheers,
Rob
Old August 9th 08, 10:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Mighty Chris

You can also just wait until you're there, or about to go, to see
who's been getting snow and go to that place last-minute.

Chris
Old August 9th 08, 10:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
hr(bob) [email protected]

On Aug 9, 6:08*am, wrote:
We're going to Denver for Thanksgiving and I was wondering if anyone
could recommend a resort that usually has snow in late November. *I
figured you guys would be as good a place to check as any. *We'll be
there Wed - Sat.

Cheers,
Rob

If you are going to the City/Denver, why not wait until you get there
and then decide which Summit County ski area has the best snow? There
are plenty of places to stay in Denver, you may be able to get
discount tickets for whichever location you decide to go to, and you
can probably go to Keystone, Breck and Copper if you have three days
available. There are plenty of places to stay in Frisco which is
central to Breck, Keystone and Copper, and A-basin may also be open by
then. I'd leave my options open at this time. There shouldn't be any
problem finding a place to stay somewhere in Summit County as it is so
early in the season.

Bob Hofmann
Old August 11th 08, 03:41 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snoig

On Aug 9, 5:08 am, wrote:
We're going to Denver for Thanksgiving and I was wondering if anyone
could recommend a resort that usually has snow in late November. I
figured you guys would be as good a place to check as any. We'll be
there Wed - Sat.

Cheers,
Rob

Usually Copper, Breckenridge, Keystone, Vail, A-Basin and Loveland are
all open by that time of year. As others have said, wait until you
get there and get the snow report before you decide where to go.
Frisco is probably your best bet for lodging since it's easy access to
all of those resorts.
Old August 12th 08, 04:07 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
hr(bob) [email protected]

On Aug 10, 9:25*pm, VtSkier wrote:
wrote:
We're going to Denver for Thanksgiving and I was wondering if anyone
could recommend a resort that usually has snow in late November. *I
figured you guys would be as good a place to check as any. *We'll be
there Wed - Sat.

Cheers,
Rob

Oh, Sam Sieber, are you there?
Don't you usually ski Loveland before Turkey day?

I have been trying to get Sam to respond to various e-mails for about
9 months now. Nothing. I did try to reach a Sam Seiber by telephone,
in the Denver area, but learned that he had died. I don't know if it
was our Sam Seiber or not. Hope he responds to this, but I'm rather
afraid that he is no longer alive.

Bob Hofmann