Ski Improvement Courses

Old September 3rd 08, 03:45 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
none

Default Ski Improvement Courses

I'm looking at ski improvement courses. Any recommendations or ones to
avoid? (Level: intermediate-to-advanced )

Thanks!
Old September 3rd 08, 05:19 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Sep 2, 8:45*pm, none ""geoff\"@(none)" wrote:
I'm looking at ski improvement courses. Any recommendations or ones to
avoid? (Level: intermediate-to-advanced )

Thanks!

Tai chi skiing.
Old September 3rd 08, 07:07 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Mike Treseler[_2_]

none wrote:
I'm looking at ski improvement courses. Any recommendations or ones to
avoid? (Level: intermediate-to-advanced )

Most Ski Resorts have only one ski school. Try that one.

-- Mike Treseler
Old September 3rd 08, 07:44 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 15:45:39 +1200, none ""geoff\"@(none)" wrote
this crap:

I'm looking at ski improvement courses. Any recommendations or ones to
avoid? (Level: intermediate-to-advanced )

Thanks!

I recommend my own DVD, "Skiing With Swords." It has already become a
best seller. You will learn how to spot Chai Tea skiiers, and how to
strike them down. It's available at Amazon.com

A mighty Hungarian warrior
The blood of Attila runs through me
Old September 3rd 08, 09:38 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
MoonMan

Mike Treseler wrote:
none wrote:
I'm looking at ski improvement courses. Any recommendations or ones
to avoid? (Level: intermediate-to-advanced )

Are you asking where to go, or what company to use? personally I would
suggest looking at instructor training as you tend to get higher graded
instructors and more detailed feedback.

Most Ski Resorts have only one ski school.

Really? not in Europe, I thought the USA was the land of unbridled
competition!

--
Chris *:-)

Rule 1 - Me first
Rule 2 - Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!
Rule 3 - Skis at the bottom, Head at the top!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk

Old September 3rd 08, 03:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Billy Bob F.

On Sep 3, 3:44*am, A mighty Hungarian wrote:
On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 15:45:39 +1200, none ""geoff\"@(none)" wrote
this crap:

I'm looking at ski improvement courses. Any recommendations or ones to
avoid? (Level: intermediate-to-advanced )

Thanks!

I recommend my own DVD, "Skiing With Swords." *It has already become a
best seller. *You will learn how to spot Chai Tea skiiers, and how to
strike them down. *It's available at Amazon.com

* * * * * * *

* * * * * *A mighty Hungarian warrior
* * * *The blood of Attila runs through me

I'm looking for the same type of information, but I'm afraid I was
unable to find your DVD. When I went Amazon, I found the following
DVD's:

"Navigating by the Stars with a Garmin GPS Nearby"
"Hungarion Warriers in the Yacht Club? It's Not That Much of a
Stretch"
"Horvath - My Name will Live Forever!"
"Collecting Trophies and Treasure from All Points of the Compass"

But I was unable to locate "Skiing With Swords". Is this a new title,
or did I just key in the wrong search words? I used "skiing", "Chai
Tea", "impale" and "plunder".

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob
Old September 3rd 08, 04:05 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

"MoonMan" wrote in message
Mike Treseler wrote:
none wrote:
I'm looking at ski improvement courses. Any recommendations or ones
to avoid? (Level: intermediate-to-advanced )

Are you asking where to go, or what company to use? personally I would suggest
looking at instructor training as you tend to get higher graded instructors
and more detailed feedback.

It sure worked for me.

Most Ski Resorts have only one ski school.

Really? not in Europe, I thought the USA was the land of unbridled
competition!

The area I have been teaching at has it's own ski school, and half a dozen
independent "concession" schools.

Old September 3rd 08, 09:29 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

none wrote:
I'm looking at ski improvement courses. Any recommendations or ones to
avoid? (Level: intermediate-to-advanced )

Thanks!

The only ski improvement courses that I know of
are lessons offered at ski areas. Some areas teach
straight PSIA, some might teach Harb, some might
have some other system. But generally the ski
school at an area sticks to one party line or
another. Yes, I recommend lessons. After that,
mileage. Oh, yeah. Ski lessons are like anything
else. It's 90% instructor and 10% technique.

Ask around. See who has a good rep for what you
are looking for. We can't begin to make
recommendations here without even knowing what
part of the country you ski. For instance, if
you were to ski Killington, I'd say Jon Lamb.

Others might like other teachers at different
areas.
Old September 3rd 08, 11:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 08:35:40 -0700 (PDT), "Billy Bob F."
wrote this crap:

[...]

I am certain that when you put in, "skiing," and, "swords," there were
too many hits. There are many mighty warriors who have written about
this. Try the same words, but narrow it down to the bestsellers.

Old October 12th 08, 09:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sep 3, 5:45*am, none ""geoff\"@(none)" wrote:
I'm looking at ski improvement courses. Any recommendations or ones to
avoid? (Level: intermediate-to-advanced )

Thanks!

Hey!

I can only speak for Canada but there is Yes Improvement
(www.yesimprovement.com) and Nonstop Ski (www.nonstopski.com).
My company Snow Adventure runs courses at Big White Ski Resort. Check
us out at www.snow-adventure.com

Cheers.

Eon