Earthquake!

Old June 17th 04, 06:59 PM
The Real Bev

Default Earthquake!

AstroPax wrote:

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 12:47:25 +0900, tm wrote:

The boss and i use the stairs as a smoking room.

I quit smoking (23 years, .75 packs/day, Marlboro reds) in late
December, 2003.

Really, one of the easier accomplishments of my life.

Easier than dumping my ex-girlfriend, and easier than deciding on my
next pair of ski boots.

Anyway, this nonsense that smoking is so addictive is a crock of ****,
almost as big of a myth as global warming.

Depends on the individual. My husband quit, was cranky for a few days
and that was it. I tried various will-power type methods and then
nicorette gum (which was really good for when you couldn't smoke in
meetings!) for a couple of years. 16 years later it still smells
wonderful when somebody else is smoking, and if I had only 6 months to
live I'd start smoking again.

Anyway, that was always the best smoke of the day...the one right
after a good steep n' deep run.

They were all good, even the ones when I had a cold with lots of
coughing -- then I switched to menthols!

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old June 17th 04, 07:54 PM
vern93

In article ,
tm wrote:

Dude, I'd've (please note my clever use of contractions) made up some
story about "verts" and "amplitude" and "going big" even if I slipped in
the bathtub.

Dude, dude, you'd've been proud of me. While simultaneously drunken
airborn on my bike and assisting in an emergency breech delivery, I
suffered an acromioclavicular separation. Didn't hurt much until the
concussion wore off.

There! That's more like it. Your bike wreck wasn't in 'Nam was it? THat
would have been good for bonus points.

I begged for percocets, but here in Japan we are
apparently made of sterner stuff.

It's harder to assess pain over there because you "Orientals" are so
"inscrutable."

Dave
Old June 18th 04, 12:52 AM
vern93

In article ,
Olaf Timandahaff wrote:

I don't know about him, but I smoke to be more irritating.

Olaf, I find you plenty irritating already. But *if* you are going for
MAXIMUM IRRITATION, then might I suggest "Clove Cigarettes." If those
things do give people cancer, I hope it's an especially painful kind

Dave
Old June 18th 04, 01:23 AM
The Real Bev

vern93 wrote:

Olaf Timandahaff wrote:

I don't know about him, but I smoke to be more irritating.

Olaf, I find you plenty irritating already. But *if* you are going for
MAXIMUM IRRITATION, then might I suggest "Clove Cigarettes." If those
things do give people cancer, I hope it's an especially painful kind

I missed those, but Gauloises are about as disgusting as it's possible
to get without actually smoking a turd.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old June 18th 04, 01:29 AM
Terd Fartingmor

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 11:59:43 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

Depends on the individual. My husband quit, was cranky for a few days
and that was it. I tried various will-power type methods and then
nicorette gum (which was really good for when you couldn't smoke in
meetings!) for a couple of years. 16 years later it still smells
wonderful when somebody else is smoking, and if I had only 6 months to
live I'd start smoking again.

If I had only six months to live, I'd take up something else. Robbing
banks, perhaps?

My T-shirt says, "This shirt is the
ultimate power in the universe."
Old June 18th 04, 01:31 AM
Terd Fartingmor

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 19:22:25 -0400, Olaf Timandahaff
wrote this crap:

How's the addiction working out for you?

I don't know about him, but I smoke to be more irritating.
It works out good too.
Can you smoke in Tony Packo's?

Nope. $100 fine if caught smoking in any business establishment
inside the city.

Old June 18th 04, 01:41 AM
TCS

And then there's Mammoth...

I did a whole season of Mammoth, from Santa Monica - weekends only. The
thought of adding 1.5 to 2.0 hours onto that trip doesn't conjure up good
thoughts.

But you do what you have to do. I understand that even New Yorkers ski.

TCS (The Colorado Skier)
The Colorado ski season is temporarily closed.
Old June 18th 04, 01:45 AM
TCS

Hey Olaf:

If you actually do play golf at Hound Ears, please ask around and see if the
ski area is still visible - and lift remnants,etc.

TCS - lost ski area fanatic

Old June 18th 04, 04:04 AM
Terd Fartingmor

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 12:02:08 +0900, tm wrote this
crap:

If I had only six months to live, I'd take up something else. Robbing
banks, perhaps?

Ahh, now here's a subject. If i only had six months to live there'd
be a small, but proper, killing spree.

Can I give you a list of names?

Old June 18th 04, 04:41 AM
Richard Henry

"TCS" wrote in message
And then there's Mammoth...

I did a whole season of Mammoth, from Santa Monica - weekends only. The
thought of adding 1.5 to 2.0 hours onto that trip doesn't conjure up good
thoughts.

But you do what you have to do. I understand that even New Yorkers ski.

A really good season for me is: 1 or 2 Sundays plus 1 or 2 weekdays at Big
Bear per month (Dec-April), a week-long trip to Mammoth in January, 2 or 3
long weekend trips to Mammoth (I like to drive up Saturday, ski Sunday,
Monday, Tuesday, drive home Tuesday night), a week-long trip somewhere else.

Maybe once every 10 years?