Nuts

Old November 25th 06, 05:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated,rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

Default Nuts

in the immortal words of General Anthony McAuliffe.

After bragging earlier abut how the local hill had been open
Thanksgiving weekend for decades straight, it isn't open yet.

Nuts.

Old November 26th 06, 01:49 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated,rec.skiing.alpine
CBJack

lal_truckee wrote:
in the immortal words of General Anthony McAuliffe.

After bragging earlier abut how the local hill had been open
Thanksgiving weekend for decades straight, it isn't open yet.

Nuts.

Maybe a move to Colorado is in order. Not really, but here at Crested
Butte we had a not so tremendous 5" snow fall last night and more came
down during the day. No face shots but fun skiing as usual.

Jack

Old November 26th 06, 04:05 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated,rec.skiing.alpine
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2006-11-25, lal_truckee penned:
in the immortal words of General Anthony McAuliffe.

After bragging earlier abut how the local hill had been open
Thanksgiving weekend for decades straight, it isn't open yet.

Nuts.

Doh. That's what you get for hubris, I guess!

--
monique
Longmont, CO

Old November 27th 06, 02:36 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated,rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

lal_truckee wrote:

in the immortal words of General Anthony McAuliffe.

After bragging earlier abut how the local hill had been open
Thanksgiving weekend for decades straight, it isn't open yet.

Nuts.

Well, Boreal is open, which is more than most of us have got at this
point. Sow, you do have options, and any Real Skier (TM) would have
exercised said options over the past weekend.

So how was it?

// Walt

Old November 27th 06, 03:33 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated,rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

Walt wrote:
lal_truckee wrote:

in the immortal words of General Anthony McAuliffe.

After bragging earlier abut how the local hill had been open
Thanksgiving weekend for decades straight, it isn't open yet.

Nuts.

Well, Boreal is open, which is more than most of us have got at this
point. Sow, you do have options, and any Real Skier (TM) would have
exercised said options over the past weekend.

Boreal encourages boarders. Between that and the fact they have only a
patch of manmade available, most of which is homesteaded by lounging
boarders sitting on their behinds, it isn't really an option. I went by
just to look at the scene.

However, it is snowing now; hard enough that I raised my hinged deck so
I won't have to shovel it off later. On the other hand, I've got to go
flatland and do a final football game to round out another of my
enthusiasms - rooting for a perennially losing college football team.

Got a couple of cases of Urquel to tide me over - I should be OK.

Old November 27th 06, 09:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

RSAM snicked since it ate the previous attempt to reply to this

lal_truckee wrote:
Walt wrote:

lal_truckee wrote:

in the immortal words of General Anthony McAuliffe.

After bragging earlier abut how the local hill had been open
Thanksgiving weekend for decades straight, it isn't open yet.

Nuts.

Well, Boreal is open, which is more than most of us have got at this
point. Sow, you do have options, and any Real Skier (TM) would have
exercised said options over the past weekend.

Boreal encourages boarders. Between that and the fact they have only a
patch of manmade available, most of which is homesteaded by lounging
boarders sitting on their behinds, it isn't really an option. I went by
just to look at the scene.

Huh. Sounds like every opening day at the local molehills for the past
several years. They get one or two runs open, and start the lifts at
3pm, just in time for the after-school boarder kids.

Anyway, at least you stopped by to check it out. I see that Kirkwood,
Northstar, Heavenly & Sugar Bowl have a few runs of manmade open as well.

However, it is snowing now; hard enough that I raised my hinged deck so
I won't have to shovel it off later.

Good news. Let's hope this afternoon's dump improves things. Even if
it doesn't, there looks to be good snowmaking weather headed towards Tahoe.

Got a couple of cases of Urquel to tide me over - I should be OK.

Save a few bottles for me. I'll be there a week from Sunday.

//Walt
Old November 28th 06, 03:45 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated,rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

lal_truckee wrote:
Walt wrote:
lal_truckee wrote:

in the immortal words of General Anthony McAuliffe.

After bragging earlier abut how the local hill had been open
Thanksgiving weekend for decades straight, it isn't open yet.

Nuts.

Well, Boreal is open, which is more than most of us have got at this
point. Sow, you do have options, and any Real Skier (TM) would have
exercised said options over the past weekend.

Boreal encourages boarders. Between that and the fact they have only a
patch of manmade available, most of which is homesteaded by lounging
boarders sitting on their behinds, it isn't really an option. I went by
just to look at the scene.

Huh. Sounds like every opening day at the local molehills for the past
several years. They get one or two runs open, and start the lifts at
3pm, just in time for the after-school boarder kids.

Anyway, I see that Kirkwood and Northstar have a few runs of manmade
open as well.

However, it is snowing now; hard enough that I raised my hinged deck so
I won't have to shovel it off later.

Good. Things are looking up.