Best lessons in Colorado?

Old August 25th 03, 09:55 PM
lal_truckee

klaus wrote:

Chester Bullock wrote:

klaus wrote in news:bidi49$r43$2
:

Didn't Mikey use to live in ootah? Now he lives here. Your statement
doesn't work...

shrug Maybe it was a job thing. I guaranty it wasn't a skiing
thing. I know a lot of folks that come here from CO to ski. Very few
that go from here to CO to ski. But you need to make up your own
mind. As long as you're happy......

He's not: Chester has that limp, after all ...

Old August 25th 03, 10:21 PM
klaus

@terabinaries.xmission.com:

Didn't Mikey use to live in ootah? Now he lives here. Your statement
doesn't work...

shrug Maybe it was a job thing. I guaranty it wasn't a skiing
thing. I know a lot of folks that come here from CO to ski. Very few
that go from here to CO to ski. But you need to make up your own
mind. As long as you're happy......

-klaus

Old August 25th 03, 11:05 PM
lal_truckee

Chester Bullock wrote:

"Monique Y. Herman" wrote in
:

Also, FWIW re destination, since it costs no more to get to SLC (and
is probably cheaper) than getting to resorts in Collyrada, and since
you have a possible crashsite in SLC area, and since the snow's
invariably better than Collyrada (and deeper and steeper), and since
you have an open invite from der Klaus, I'd can the whole Collyrada
idea in a flash. Go for the gusto.

But uh ... I *live* in Colorado.

I don't know that I would consider Boulder to be living in Colorado. From
a geographic standpoint yes. But everyone knows it is the People's
Independent Republic of Boulder.

Ah! So there is *Hope* and *Light* in Colorado!

Writing from oh-so-near The People's Republic of Berkeley (whose major
industry [not that one - the other one] signs my checks.)

Old August 26th 03, 12:25 AM
Monique Y. Herman

On 25 Aug 2003 21:35:12 GMT, Chester Bullock penned:
"Monique Y. Herman" wrote in

But uh ... I *live* in Colorado.

I don't know that I would consider Boulder to be living in Colorado. From
a geographic standpoint yes. But everyone knows it is the People's
Independent Republic of Boulder.

I hear that a lot ...

If it makes you feel better, I have moved to Longmont, which is about 10
miles away physically, but worlds away socially.

There may be some nutcases in Boulder, but overall, I prefer the
ultra-liberal crowd to the ultra-conservative. Conservatives run the
show practically everywhere else (and yes, I'm sure you can deduce my
political leanings from that statement).

--
monique

Old August 26th 03, 02:12 AM
Monique Y. Herman

On 25 Aug 2003 15:45:05 GMT, Kurt Knisely penned:
In article , Monique Y. Herman says...

Well, I moved to Boulder from Virginia. In comparison? Hell, yeah,
it's ski country!

I love it, SKI RED ROCKS:

http://raf.atd.ucar.edu/~chris/RED_ROCK_SKI.jpg

-K

Ooh. Still haven't been to Red Rocks to check out the venue ...

But somehow I doubt it normally gets enough snow to ski there =P

--
monique

Old August 26th 03, 02:15 PM
Chester Bullock

"Monique Y. Herman" wrote in
:

On 25 Aug 2003 21:35:12 GMT, Chester Bullock
penned:
I don't know that I would consider Boulder to be living in Colorado.
From a geographic standpoint yes. But everyone knows it is the
People's Independent Republic of Boulder.

I hear that a lot ...

If it makes you feel better, I have moved to Longmont, which is about
10 miles away physically, but worlds away socially.

There may be some nutcases in Boulder, but overall, I prefer the
ultra-liberal crowd to the ultra-conservative. Conservatives run the
show practically everywhere else (and yes, I'm sure you can deduce my
political leanings from that statement).

I think Longmont would also be world's away economically as well. Much
more affordable.

--
Chester Bullock

I vote for people and ideas, not parties or wings.

Old August 26th 03, 04:05 PM
lal_truckee

Chester Bullock wrote:

lal_truckee wrote in
:

Chester Bullock wrote:

I don't know that I would consider Boulder to be living in Colorado.
From a geographic standpoint yes. But everyone knows it is the
People's Independent Republic of Boulder.

Ah! So there is *Hope* and *Light* in Colorado!

Writing from oh-so-near The People's Republic of Berkeley (whose major
industry [not that one - the other one] signs my checks.)

You mean the lgeal industry, right? UC Berkeley?

The other one doesn't leave evidence behind, like signatures on checks...

ObSki: I guarentee all the funds supplied by publicly supported sources
are properly expended on skiing and ski related equipment and travel
(except when tourist brouchures are unclear, as happened recently.)

Old August 26th 03, 04:55 PM
Monique Y. Herman

On 26 Aug 2003 14:15:02 GMT, Chester Bullock penned:
"Monique Y. Herman" wrote in
:

On 25 Aug 2003 21:35:12 GMT, Chester Bullock

I think Longmont would also be world's away economically as well. Much
more affordable.

Indeed. Boulder is simply not affordable, not even a little bit. Of
all the surrounding towns that we looked at, Longmont had the best
prices and some really nice houses. Guess I have to get over calling it
"cow town."

--
monique

Old August 26th 03, 06:30 PM
Chester Bullock

"Monique Y. Herman" wrote in
:

On 26 Aug 2003 14:15:02 GMT, Chester Bullock
penned:
"Monique Y. Herman" wrote in
:

On 25 Aug 2003 21:35:12 GMT, Chester Bullock

I think Longmont would also be world's away economically as well.
Much more affordable.

Indeed. Boulder is simply not affordable, not even a little bit. Of
all the surrounding towns that we looked at, Longmont had the best
prices and some really nice houses. Guess I have to get over calling
it "cow town."

Drive out to Greeley and then back to Longmont. You'll be way glad you
are home, and won't think of it so much as cow town anymore...

--
Chester Bullock,
Tenxible Solutions - Tangible, Flexible

In Colorado For A Ski Trip??? Visit Crested Butte Colorado!!!!! PaulC General 0 February 21st 04 07:35 PM
Learning Moguls - Lessons?? jim Alpine Skiing 6 January 8th 04 11:22 PM
Snow in Colorado TCS Alpine Skiing 0 November 18th 03 04:27 AM
Snow in Colorado TCS Alpine Skiing 7 November 12th 03 03:59 PM
Colorado or Banff? In December-January Serena Snowboarding 4 July 22nd 03 03:19 PM