Thanks to all - and a look ahead.

Old March 17th 04, 05:26 PM
Zachary Caldwell

Default Thanks to all - and a look ahead.

A while back I posted a message asking whether people were bothered by
commercial posts. I got enough affirmative reponses that I've tried to avoid
using this forum for the promotion of my business. So I'll apologize in
advance for a somewhat commercial note.

I want to sincerely thank everybody on this group who has been supportive
and said lots of good things about my work. It was all kinds of fun to put
faces to a lot of names out at the Birkie, and I'm looking forward to
actually meeting more of you. For a relatively small community this group is
very in touch with what's happening on the ground, and there is no better
place to float ideas, get feedback, and sew seeds for future relationships.
Once again, thanks to all. Especially Jay T who might be a little militant
in his support. Even scary. Heck, all I did was wax the guy's skis for one
lousy race.

I'm doing a lot of thinking about the future of the business and I'm very
excited to see it grow. I'd like to invite anybody who's interested to take
a look at some of my thinking and offer me feedback. I've put a little
write-up at http://www.engineeredtuning.net/Plans.htm .Once again, thanks
for all the kind words, and thanks in advance for your thoughts on the
future of my enterprise.

Zach

Old March 17th 04, 11:09 PM
Jay Tegeder

Zach, for skiers in the Northeast, Northwest, Alaska, Atlantic, Far
West, Mountain, Florida and Hawaian regions, the Birkie isn't as big
of a deal. However, to those of us in the Midwest, bragging rights
over your buddies at the Birkie is everything. I had FAST skis this
year and thus, beat tons of my buddies. I have a whole year to brag it
up until they kick my butt next season... That means a lot to shallow
skiers like myself. Take a guy named Pete Thurmes for instance... I
told Steve Clancey how happy I was to beat Thurmes this year because
he's been giving me crap the last few seasons about always beating me.
Steve then reminded me that I started it a few seasons earlier when I
used to beat Thurmes all of the time before he got faster...

Jay Tegeder
"Keep training, lycra never lies!" JT
p.s. Keep coming back to the Birkie Zach!

"Zachary Caldwell" wrote in message ...

I want to sincerely thank everybody on this group who has been supportive
and said lots of good things about my work. Especially Jay T who might be a little militant

Old March 18th 04, 12:27 PM
Zachary Caldwell

It's looking good for a return trip to the Birkie next year Jay. I talked
with Randy Gibbs a little bit at JOs and it sounds as though he a Reid
Lutter are interested in putting together a waxing crew to work with me up
in Seeley. I've also got plans for a collapsable heatbox that can take 50
pairs at a time instead of the lousy 15 I can get into my permanent box.
This year we were right at capacity. If we'd had one more pair to get ready
we might not have made it to the start. Next year we'll come back equiped to
handle more volume without any sacrifice of quality. I think I've even got
Nat Brown thinking about coming out to work with us!

m...

Old March 18th 04, 07:12 PM
Laurent Duparchy

Zach,

Since you mention it : As a compensation to your "commercial note"
could you please tell us your opinion on manual tools for grinding :
Toko, Swix

Which one to use in which condition ?
Does it make sense to combinate the two ?

Thanks anyway for posting your ideas on various topics : heatbox, flex
and, of course, stonegrinding.

Laurent.
Old March 19th 04, 12:34 AM
Gary Jacobson

Yea Zach, Tell us everything you know about ski prep., but don't dare do it
for your own gain.
BTW- Tell us about the Jenex riller too.
Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY

om...

Old March 19th 04, 04:51 PM
Ron Bott

"Zachary Caldwell" wrote in message ...
A while back I posted a message asking whether people were bothered by
commercial posts. I got enough affirmative reponses that I've tried to avoid
using this forum for the promotion of my business. So I'll apologize in
advance for a somewhat commercial note.

I think maybe a recount is in order!

I personally have no problem with Zach's posts, in fact I look forward
to them. The content of Zach's posts is always informative and useful,
whether one decides to use his service or not. There is a huge
difference between posting just company propoganda and actually
posting information that is useful to all. I think that was what
people were weary of at first.

I for one say thanks Zach for all your interesting contributions, and
I hope you keep them up!

Ron Bott
Old March 20th 04, 12:28 PM
Mike

Zach: I have to agree with Ron Bott. As long as the commercial posts are
informational and a person can gain a little something from them, have at
it. There's a big diff in what is generally posted here and pure spam.
And so it goes.

Mike
PS. Anyone seen any pics floating around of a guy laying on his face right
on top of 'Hwy OO', would like to see it. It's me!! (Skis and Power Gel
wrapper don't get along)