Winter is Over

Old February 4th 04, 08:07 AM
Simon Brown

Default Winter is Over

http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/dyn/news...er/345913.html

The stork Max has decided that winter is over. He has left his winter
residence in Morocco and is heading for home in the Canton of Frieburg.

Departure Dates

2000, 2001: April 1st
2002: February 27th
2003: February 7th
2004: January 31st

Beautiful weather here, already 7 C and rising fast.
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

Old February 4th 04, 08:14 AM
Greg Hilton

moles, storks, is there no end to your weather forecasting buddies Simon!!!

;^)

regards,

greg

Old February 4th 04, 08:25 AM
Simon Brown

It's just Mother Nature my friend! It's now risen to 12 C here. Must be very
warm in France at the moment.
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

Old February 4th 04, 08:31 AM
Ian Spare

Simon Brown wrote:
http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/dyn/news...er/345913.html

The stork Max has decided that winter is over. He has left his winter
residence in Morocco and is heading for home in the Canton of Frieburg.

Departure Dates

2000, 2001: April 1st
2002: February 27th
2003: February 7th
2004: January 31st

Beautiful weather here, already 7 C and rising fast.

We call it Fribourg where I live but that's Switzerland for you. I saw a
stork yesterday actually, does he answer to Max ? :-)

Ian
Old February 4th 04, 09:12 AM
Simon Brown

Sorry, my splelling chekker converted Freiburg to Frieburg, or else it's
this keyboard :-)
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

Old February 4th 04, 09:20 AM
Ace

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 10:25:34 +0100, "Simon Brown"
wrote:

It's just Mother Nature my friend! It's now risen to 12 C here. Must be very
warm in France at the moment.

Fx: Steps outside[1]

Nice and sunny, as was yesterday. Prolly about 14c right now -
yesterday it maxed out at about 16.

[1] Off sick atm - bloody flu.
--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old February 4th 04, 01:50 PM
Charlie King

On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 11:20:33 +0100, in

(rec.skiing.resorts.europe) Ace wrote:

Nice and sunny, as was yesterday. Prolly about 14c right now -
yesterday it maxed out at about 16.

Same down here in the Pyrenees Orientales (300m).

17 degrees, Mimosa trees fully in flower, blue sky horizon to
horizon, and the snowline on Canigou is retreating upwards.

I'm beginning to wonder if I'll get any good skiing in this year

[1] Off sick atm - bloody flu.

Get well soon!

--
Charlie
Old February 4th 04, 02:28 PM
Simon Brown

"Charlie King" om wrote
in message ...

Same down here in the Pyrenees Orientales (300m).

17 degrees, Mimosa trees fully in flower, blue sky horizon to
horizon, and the snowline on Canigou is retreating upwards.

I'm beginning to wonder if I'll get any good skiing in this year

Sounds lovely but it could be worse - you could be stuck in the UK :-)
It's a fine 10 C here now.
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

Old February 4th 04, 02:36 PM
Ian Spare

Simon Brown wrote:
"Charlie King" om wrote
in message ...

Same down here in the Pyrenees Orientales (300m).

17 degrees, Mimosa trees fully in flower, blue sky horizon to
horizon, and the snowline on Canigou is retreating upwards.

I'm beginning to wonder if I'll get any good skiing in this year

Sounds lovely but it could be worse - you could be stuck in the UK :-)
It's a fine 10 C here now.

and here, I'm thinking of having a barbequeue :-)
Old February 4th 04, 02:40 PM
Simon Brown

"Ian Spare" wrote in message

and here, I'm thinking of having a barbequeue :-)

Would you care to invest in a ski-lift company sir ?
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch