Butt Gear

Old February 28th 04, 04:12 PM
Sket

Default Butt Gear

I smashed up my cocyx (?) bout 7 years ago and snowboarding aggravates my
butt. ;-)

Any of you got any good butt gear? They all look the same but are different
pricey.
Some must be better than others!?

what you say? bet, bet, bet!!

sket

Old February 29th 04, 01:44 AM
Arvin Chang

Hi Sket, I originally had a pair of crashpads which can be bought at
www.crash-pads.com. However this season I bought a pair of skeletools
shorts which I like a lot better because the padding material is
spongier and the butt pad is laminated with plastic for superior
protection. I felt the design and materials were superior.

Other shorts you can look for are Burton's RED Impact Shorts, although
they aren't as padded as I would like a pair of shorts to be.

Dainese also makes a well regard impact shorts, although it is much
more available in Europe than in North America. I've been told that
the "plus" one with hard tailbone and hip protectors is very good.

Hope that helps

Old March 1st 04, 12:12 AM
Edmunde Lee

"Sket" wrote in message ...
I smashed up my cocyx (?) bout 7 years ago and snowboarding aggravates my
butt. ;-)

Any of you got any good butt gear? They all look the same but are different
pricey.
Some must be better than others!?

what you say? bet, bet, bet!!

sket

http://www.azzpadz.com

I severely hurt my tailbone the first time out snowboarding.. real
bad.

Being tall, when I fall, I do so _hard_. I learn the lesson of
staying low as possible the hard way...

The Azzpad is good in its design on how it protects your coccyx, but
it really feels (and looks) like Im wearing a diaper. I'd honestly
rather not have to wear it, but I fear if I didn't, I'd basically be a
cripple by now.

It's a little bulky, but the hard plastic plate works well for taking
the shock off the tailbone.

I've seen a few other ass protectors (haven't tried them), they seem
to use foam more so than hard plastic.. I don't think it would do the
same, for me, than the azzpad does...

I'm sure there are other good products to get the same job done...
some rental shops will rent the gear to you, maybe you can try a few.

Another perk of the but pad, there's always a warm(er) place to sit
=)
Old March 1st 04, 12:49 AM
Frank L Lynn

"Sket" wrote in message ...
I smashed up my cocyx (?) bout 7 years ago and snowboarding aggravates my
butt. ;-)

Any of you got any good butt gear? They all look the same but are different
pricey.
Some must be better than others!?

what you say? bet, bet, bet!!

sket

Have 2 pair of the Daines short-plus (ones with hard tailbone/hip
pads). Very expensive, but highly valued. I bought an extra pair for
when my wife goes out, so she can ride with them. We both snowboard,
and I will not ride without them now. Found them in a place in
Brekenride, CO. Had to call places and ask if they carried, then
received in mail. They cost about 120+, but to me, they are worth it.
I rode with softer ass pads the first few times, and I still bruised
my tailbone. Coughed up the bucks for the Daines (which I was
reluctant to do), and am pretty happy now. I fall on rails too
regulary, and these save my tailbone. Just this weekend, I fell while
trying a frontside boardslide, on a flat-down (not-so) fun box,
squarly on my ass, and then bounced off, landing on the ice, once
again, on my ass. It hurt, but not my tailbone, and it was just a
initial pain. Nothing major. I swear by them.

My cousin has the skeletools, and he likes them. I also checked out
the red, triple 8, and some other pads, and none of them compared to
the daines.

-flynn
Old March 1st 04, 04:59 PM
Baretta

Try the ButtShield, bought it for my daughter when she started out boarding.
I picked up a 2 at about $20 each through eBay. You should be able to find
it if you do a search. Heavy duty foam, slips into your pants and stays in
position. Pretty comfy to sit on during breaks aswell.

Old March 4th 04, 12:47 AM
Theodore Luigi Stungo

However this season I bought a pair of skeletools
shorts which I like a lot better because the padding material is
spongier and the butt pad is laminated with plastic for superior
protection.

I tried Skeletools on Lonerider''s recommendation and they're good. Only thing
I found was the foam inserts were a bit distored (perhaps from packing /
transit) which made them a bit fiddly to get back in if you take them out. They
were fine once in though, and the efficacy of the shorts proved excellent.
Plenty of falls but no pain the next day!
Old March 4th 04, 03:10 PM
PacketMan

"Sket" wrote in message
I smashed up my cocyx (?) bout 7 years ago and snowboarding aggravates my
butt. ;-)

Any of you got any good butt gear? They all look the same but are

different
pricey.
Some must be better than others!?

what you say? bet, bet, bet!!

sket

This is going to sound a little weird, but hear me out on this one, ok?
Go to your local adult store and ask for what they call an "ass wrench".
That's the technical term but I think there's a slang name for it, too.
Anyways, it comes with instructions that should be easy to follow. It's
pretty power hungry so you will need a 12 volt battery handy. You can use
the one on your car if you dont feel like buying one just for this. Be sure
to keep your car on though, so the alternator keeps it charged. Use that
sucker every day for a week then once before every snowboarding session
after that and you should be golden. If you want, I can sell you mine. I
had to quit using it because I was getting a rash.

Old March 4th 04, 04:17 PM
Baretta

"copek" wrote in message
pray tell, what exactly is an 'ass wrench'?

LOL - wait till you hear about his "ass drill". Might be on the same aisle
as the butt-plugs.

Old March 4th 04, 04:42 PM
PacketMan

"Baretta" wrote in message
e.rogers.com...

"copek" wrote in message
pray tell, what exactly is an 'ass wrench'?

LOL - wait till you hear about his "ass drill". Might be on the same

aisle
as the butt-plugs.

The ass drill is usually behind the glass, dumb ass. Where do you shop for
big boy toys, anyways?! Sheesh!

Buying gear in US Plake Snowboarding 55 October 28th 04 03:06 PM
Seven Springs comes through/New gear! Joe Ramirez Snowboarding 14 January 26th 04 06:25 PM
Skeletools protective gear Tom Snowboarding 0 January 1st 04 08:40 PM
Riding gear prices Steve_r34 Snowboarding 2 December 22nd 03 03:43 AM
Sugestions for new ski/snowboard gear to test on Street Cents Baka Dasai Snowboarding 3 July 22nd 03 05:05 PM