Record Temperatures

Old November 3rd 04, 11:22 AM
Simon Brown

Default Record Temperatures

.... in Italy. 27C in Rome, warmest it's been for 142 years.

http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/dyn/news...er/432675.html

--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

Old November 3rd 04, 11:49 AM
Adrian D. Shaw

Yn erthygl , sgrifennodd
Simon Brown :
... in Italy. 27C in Rome, warmest it's been for 142 years.

http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/dyn/news...er/432675.html

Just as well there's no skiing in Rome then!

What are the temperatures like in Laax? Any prospect of an early start
to the season yet?

Adrian

--
Adrian Shaw ais@
Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, Cymru ac.
Old November 3rd 04, 12:04 PM
Simon Brown

At the moment it's very mild but should snow a tad over the weekend.
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

Old November 8th 04, 09:42 AM
Ace

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 11:23:07 GMT, "Rob White"
wrote:

Where's Laax? Do they ski there, or is it just a place made up by Simon.

Went there once, although I couldn't persuade Simon to ski with us.
"It's too busy - it's the weekend and it's full of tourists." I think
he was just wimping out, actually, as he didn't want to show himself
up ;-)

Seriously, not a bad place, although is was very icy off-piste the w/e
we were there. Just a bit out-of-the way for us, though.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old November 8th 04, 02:05 PM
Adrian D. Shaw

Yn erthygl , sgrifennodd
Ace :
Seriously, not a bad place, although is was very icy off-piste the w/e
we were there. Just a bit out-of-the way for us, though.

The piste maps always looked good to me (except don't they have some sort
of weird piste classification on them?), but driving through in the summer
a few years ago I must say it didn't look to have a lot of character.

Adrian
Old November 8th 04, 03:35 PM
Simon Brown

"Ace" wrote in message

It's a ski resort, FFS, it's not supposed to have 'character' :-)

Oi - Laax has quite a few characters thank-you!
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

Old November 8th 04, 06:28 PM
Adrian D. Shaw

Felly sgrifennodd Ace :
It's a ski resort, FFS, it's not supposed to have 'character' :-)

That may apply to the French resorts, but it's not generally true of the
Swiss ones I know, nor the Austrian ones.

I have yet to stay in an Italian ski resort.

Character of the resort is very important for me. Character also tends to
mean quieter night-life, therefore better sleep, so better skiing.

Adrian

Old November 8th 04, 06:34 PM
Simon Brown

Well you can get a good night's sleep here, if anyone is coming this way ask
my for eating recommendations - we have some nice places in Flims / Laax /
Falera. I'll also tell you the places to avoid.

If you are after a relaxing holiday you can do a lot worse than Laax
although I saw yesterday that the tickets have gone up in price to SFr 61 a
day - how a family affords a holiday I do not know!