Discovery rider scores stellar TT with XC Ski

Old February 24th 07, 03:37 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
senorfantastico

Default Discovery rider scores stellar TT with XC Ski

Discovery rider Jason McCartney gets third place at Tour of California
time trial against world class field with mainly XC skiing. From the
team's website, thepaceline.com:

"Another moment of personal achievement came with the stellar ride of
Jason McCartney. After returning home to Iowa after January training
camp, McCartney was not blessed with good weather to use in his pre-
race training. Instead he took advantage of the snow and switched to
2-4 hours of cross-country skiing everyday, putting in only thirty
minutes on the bike."

Stage Five Results
1 Levi Leipheimer (USA) Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team 29.40
2 Jens Voigt (Ger) Team CSC 0.18
3 Jason McCartney (USA) Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team 0.25
4 Fabian Cancellara (Swi) Team CSC 0.37
5 George Hincapie (USA) Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team 0.40
6 Bobby Julich (USA) Team CSC 0.42
7 Christian Vandevelde (USA) Team CSC 0.57
8 Stuart O'Grady (Aus) Team CSC 1.00
9 Ivan Basso (Ita) Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team 1.03
10 Bram De Groot (Ned) Rabobank

Old February 24th 07, 08:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
32 degrees

There is a simple reason for this.
CC skiing is the best exercise ever, the most fun, and the coolest.
JKal.

oups.com...

Old February 24th 07, 09:56 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jan Gerrit Klok

"32 degrees" schreef in bericht
There is a simple reason for this.
CC skiing is the best exercise ever, the most fun, and the coolest.
JKal.

Absolutely.
When I had just picked up a few hours of rollerskiing on my Crosskates per
week, all flat terrain, with no other excersize of any kind, I put in a
really surprising result in an annual beach race. Loads of "natural"
outright speed, while I had not seen the bike for weeks, and was otherwise
in dreadful shape. The body weight load is the trick ehre, I'm sure.
This week I stood on rollers again for the first time in months, and man was
that painful. I know what I'm going to do the coming 4 weeks till that beach
race...
Snow can only be better. Cold air to breathe, mountains to run up.

Old February 26th 07, 01:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
xcwhite

On Feb 24, 9:37 am, "senorfantastico" wrote:
Discovery rider Jason McCartney gets third place at Tour of California
time trial against world class field with mainly XC skiing. From the
team's website, thepaceline.com:

The transition from nordic season to cycling/tri season is always
easier than the other way around. I believe it is due to xc skiing
being a weight bearing excercise as opposed to cycling. Because of
where we live my wife is currently training for RAAM by doing long 4
to 8 hour xc ski sessions twice a week and only spending about 3 to 6
hours a week riding her computrainer.