Klolsters now (was Flying metal)

Old January 22nd 07, 08:59 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace

Default Klolsters now (was Flying metal)

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 09:47:26 +0000, Champ wrote:

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 09:38:07 +0100, Ace wrote:

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 16:53:14 +0000, Champ wrote:

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 16:29:47 +0100, Ace wrote:

Bad form and all, but I forgot to mention that I'm just off for a
weekend skiing in Klosters - wish me luck!

Good luck!

Great, it was. A bit tiring, but not too bad, and no residual
stiffness or pain. I was even looking for the steep & deep off-piste
stuff yesterday. Well, all right, not deep atm, but YKWIM.

Excellent. Really glad to hear that.

What are conditions like now?

Pretty good actually. Some of the lower runs were getting worn and
quite brown in places, but mostly they're in excellent nick. We stuck
to the Parsenn-Davos area, which is apparently the best at the moment,
so I don't know about the other part(s) of the resort.

Saturday was still quite warm, so some of the wide open (off-piste)
areas on that side were nicely soft, even by mid-morning, but not such
that they were slushy later. Sunday was a lot colder, so there was
some boiler-plate around in the morning, and even later on one or two
shady runs. But overall the pistes were mostly in excellent shape.

Yesterday also saw a fair bit of snow falling, particularly higher up,
but I don't know if it's made a significant difference, as we left
mid-afternoon anyway. The one run down to Kloster Platz village was
open but in a very poor state, apparently. I didn't ski it myself,
preferring the less risky option of getting the cable car down.

--
_______
..'_/_|_\_'. Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old January 22nd 07, 09:50 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Pip Luscher

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 10:59:06 +0100, Ace wrote:

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 09:47:26 +0000, Champ wrote:

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 09:38:07 +0100, Ace wrote:

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 16:53:14 +0000, Champ wrote:

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 16:29:47 +0100, Ace wrote:

Bad form and all, but I forgot to mention that I'm just off for a
weekend skiing in Klosters - wish me luck!

Good luck!

Great, it was. A bit tiring, but not too bad, and no residual
stiffness or pain. I was even looking for the steep & deep off-piste
stuff yesterday. Well, all right, not deep atm, but YKWIM.

Excellent. Really glad to hear that.

Ditto.

What are conditions like now?

Pretty good actually. Some of the lower runs were getting worn and
quite brown in places, but mostly they're in excellent nick. We stuck
to the Parsenn-Davos area, which is apparently the best at the moment,
so I don't know about the other part(s) of the resort.

If that dodgy SC website's to be believed then things are looking up
in the Alps.

Roll on the 3rd Feb!

--
-Pip
Old January 22nd 07, 12:13 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Pip Luscher

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 04:22:52 -0800, muddy cat
wrote:

In article ,
Pip Luscher wrote:

Roll on the 3rd Feb!

Ah, yes. Nice sunny Hawaii, warm sandy beaches and cold mai tais.

How do you ski on a beach?

--
-Pip
Old January 22nd 07, 12:15 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Champ

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 13:13:09 GMT, Pip Luscher
wrote:

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 04:22:52 -0800, muddy cat
wrote:

In article ,
Pip Luscher wrote:

Roll on the 3rd Feb!

Ah, yes. Nice sunny Hawaii, warm sandy beaches and cold mai tais.

How do you ski on a beach?

Surely you've done a beach start before?
--
Champ

ZX10R
GPz750turbo
Old January 22nd 07, 12:23 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Pip Luscher

wrote:

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 04:22:52 -0800, muddy cat
wrote:

In article ,
Pip Luscher wrote:

Roll on the 3rd Feb!

Ah, yes. Nice sunny Hawaii, warm sandy beaches and cold mai tais.

How do you ski on a beach?

Surely you've done a beach start before?

Err, are we talking water skiing here? Never done that, though it's
something I'd probably try once.

--
-Pip
Old January 22nd 07, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Champ

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 13:23:36 GMT, Pip Luscher
wrote:

Roll on the 3rd Feb!

Ah, yes. Nice sunny Hawaii, warm sandy beaches and cold mai tais.

How do you ski on a beach?

Surely you've done a beach start before?

Err, are we talking water skiing here? Never done that, though it's
something I'd probably try once.

Water skiing is great fun. Of course, wakeboarding is better, but
that just re-inforces the "one plank better than two" truism.
--
Champ

ZX10R
GPz750turbo
Old January 22nd 07, 01:52 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 14:30:52 +0000, Champ wrote:

Water skiing is great fun. Of course, wakeboarding is less controlled, but
that just re-inforces the "one plank better than two" myth.

Typo corrected.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old January 22nd 07, 02:04 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Pete Fisher

In communiqué , Ace
cast forth these pearls of wisdom
On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 14:30:52 +0000, Champ wrote:

Water skiing is great fun. Of course, wakeboarding is less controlled, but
that just re-inforces the "one plank better than two" myth.

Typo corrected.

The number is bad enough. Let alone facing the wrong way.
My nephew is a 'boarder'. To my amazement he also informs me that my
Dynastar 185s are ridiculously, unfashionably long.

| Pete Fisher at Home: |
| Voxan Roadster Gilera Nordwest Yamaha WR250Z |
| Gilera GFR Moto Morini 2C/375 |
Old January 22nd 07, 02:09 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Champ

**** me this bait is good stuff!
--
Champ

ZX10R
GPz750turbo
Old January 22nd 07, 02:11 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Mick Whittingham

In article , Ace
writes
On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 14:30:52 +0000, Champ wrote:

Water skiing is great fun. Of course, wakeboarding is less controlled, but
that just re-inforces the "one plank better than two" myth.

Typo corrected.

Mono skiing on water is a bundle of fun. I'm suffering from buggered
knees to prove it. That and years of snow skiing did them in.
--
Mick Whittingham
'and I will make it a felony to drink small beer.'