Attitrash

Old March 8th 04, 04:32 PM
Dave Stallard

Default Attitrash

I was at Attitash yesterday. My God, what a horror. Probably the worst
day of skiing I've ever had in my entire life. They groom the place so
brutally, so obsessively flat that they had courdoroy bullet-proof ice,
everywere. Unskiable. And it did not soften up much during the day. I
just gave up.

But I should know, it's an American Skiing Company ski area.

Dave

Old March 8th 04, 05:11 PM
lal_truckee

Dave Stallard wrote:

Probably the worst
day of skiing I've ever had in my entire life.

.... but better than any other day that didn't involve skiing?
Old March 8th 04, 05:22 PM
Dave Stallard

lal_truckee wrote:

Dave Stallard wrote:

Probably the worst day of skiing I've ever had in my entire life.

... but better than any other day that didn't involve skiing?

No, it was so bad, that I wished I was doing something else.

On the other hand, the valley you drive through on the way to Attitash
is very beatiful.

Dave
Old March 8th 04, 11:28 PM
Mary Malmros

Dave Stallard writes:

I was at Attitash yesterday. My God, what a horror.

The proper name is "Atticrash" ;-)

(My only experience there is working in the first aid hut)

--
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::
Mary Malmros
Old March 9th 04, 01:30 AM
Dave Stallard

Mary Malmros wrote:

Dave Stallard writes:

I was at Attitash yesterday. My God, what a horror.

The proper name is "Atticrash" ;-)

(My only experience there is working in the first aid hut)

If conditions were like they were yesterday, you must have been busy indeed.

I don't mind icy conditions necessarily - ice is a force of nature in
the Northeast. But when iciness is caused and exacerbated by deliberate
human action - that's when I draw the line.

I hate ASC.

Dave
Old March 9th 04, 04:13 PM
Chuck

Dave Stallard wrote in news:c2ia5d$1s8qsn$1@ID-
178518.news.uni-berlin.de:

lal_truckee wrote:

Dave Stallard wrote:

Probably the worst day of skiing I've ever had in my entire life.

... but better than any other day that didn't involve skiing?

No, it was so bad, that I wished I was doing something else.

On the other hand, the valley you drive through on the way to Attitash
is very beatiful.

Dave

I agree. A little further east was where we skied last season and where
Bodie Miller will be running the ski program from now on - Bretton Woods.
--
Chuck
Remove "_nospam" to reply by email
Old March 9th 04, 10:56 PM
Mary Malmros

lal_truckee wrote:

Dave Stallard wrote:

Probably the worst day of skiing I've ever had in my entire life.

... but better than any other day that didn't involve skiing?

No, it was so bad, that I wished I was doing something else.

On the other hand, the valley you drive through on the way to Attitash
is very beatiful.

Dave

I agree. A little further east was where we skied last season and where
Bodie Miller will be running the ski program from now on - Bretton Woods.

When exactly is he going to be running this ski program -- in the
summers? I think he's kinda busy right now...

--
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::
Old March 15th 04, 06:50 PM
Chuck

Mary Malmros wrote in
:

lal_truckee wrote:

Dave Stallard wrote:

Probably the worst day of skiing I've ever had in my entire life.

... but better than any other day that didn't involve skiing?

No, it was so bad, that I wished I was doing something else.

On the other hand, the valley you drive through on the way to
Attitash is very beatiful.

Dave

I agree. A little further east was where we skied last season and
where Bodie Miller will be running the ski program from now on -
Bretton Woods.

When exactly is he going to be running this ski program -- in the
summers? I think he's kinda busy right now...

I gues starting today. FIS is over as of yesterday. I don't know if he's
retiring from FIS to take on this job but the details are available on
http://www.brettenwoods.com.

Old March 15th 04, 07:18 PM
Dave Stallard

lal_truckee wrote:

The way these things work (everywhere) Bode will collect a fee. For the
fee he will let his name be used in adverts, he will come around when in
town and ski a training run with the local race team, ski with the boss
and any well connected clients, give some advice to the coaches, and
head back to Europe. If he's really cool (which I think he is, from all
reports), he'll watch the local race team train and offer each kid some
specific advice; and the kids will feel super and the parents will feel
super. In fact, the money he collects will be well earned, because if
done right Bretton Woods will pop way up in visibility to skiers which
will translate to the bottom line.

Why the hell is Bode mucking around with a snooty NH ski mountain more
widely known as the site of historic financial conferences shaping the
global economy, when he should be at his home hill: Cannon?

Dave
Old March 15th 04, 07:35 PM
lal_truckee

Chuck wrote: