TCS Newsletters

Old August 20th 03, 04:00 PM
Richard Henry

Default TCS Newsletters

I was going through some old photos and found some I had promised to send to
TCS (abandoned ski area on Mt. Palomar in SoCal). SO I checked out his
website. Nothing new since 2001? is TCS still active?

Old August 20th 03, 04:39 PM
Chester Bullock

"Richard Henry" wrote in

I was going through some old photos and found some I had promised to
send to TCS (abandoned ski area on Mt. Palomar in SoCal). SO I
checked out his website. Nothing new since 2001? is TCS still
active?

He still posts in here from time to time.

--
Chester Bullock,
No longer from Gunsmoke, AZ (or Biscuit, or any of the other things he
Old August 21st 03, 01:34 PM
Chester Bullock

Jack Nixon wrote in :

See, there was a character on the old Gunsmoke TV series who walked
with a limp, and his name was, you guessed it, Chester! Or maybe that
was Miss Kitty.

Ahh, gotcha. I guess that would qualify as being before my time. I kind
of remember the show (Commander Adama was the ranch guy, right?), but I
think I was too young to actually retain any of it. Should I be embarassed
that I only now get the Gunsmoke, AZ reference? I always thought it was
just because I was in Arizona, where life is still like the old west at
times...

Speaking of being out of date, I was thinking the other day that most of
the current generation of kids I coach (10 year olds) have no clue what "be
the ball, na na na na na na" means. Caddyshack should be required viewing
in school...

--
Chester Bullock,
Buying season passes next week!
Old August 22nd 03, 02:57 AM
Jay Pique

On 21 Aug 2003 13:31:02 GMT, Chester Bullock
wrote:

(mwfrisco) wrote in news:a1583de3.0308202211.23e55906
:

Hah!! I am currently walking with a limp, so there. On Sunday I got
the opportunity to visually inspect my achilles tendon. The fact that
16 stitches were necessitated is beside the point. It was WORTH it.

JP
*****************
Well...maybe not.

Well, I know it wasn't because you had too much free beer at Carter Park
Saturday...

Biked up Keystone, descended via some DH route, and got intimate with
my large chain ring. No beer involved. Maybe that was the problem.

JP
*****************************
What's cooler - scars or tattoos?
Old August 22nd 03, 04:01 AM
Jay Pique

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 20:10:09 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote:

Jay Pique wrote:

Biked up Keystone, descended via some DH route, and got intimate with
my large chain ring. No beer involved. Maybe that was the problem.

JP
*****************************
What's cooler - scars or tattoos?

Tattoos. Nobody would believe you'd deliberately apply a scar so it must
have been incompetence.

Oh it was incompetence all right.

I heard of somebody getting a real chainring tattoo in the appropriate place
on his calf.

Whatever. I'd put my scar against his fakey any day. Especially now,
with the stitches and puss oozing out a little bit. At the very least
I'd win the sympathy vote.

JP
"No, I'm ok... stifles groan....well, maybe just let me lean against
you a little bats eyes".
Old August 22nd 03, 10:58 PM
The Real Bev

Jay Pique wrote:

wrote:
I heard of somebody getting a real chainring tattoo in the appropriate

place
on his calf.

Whatever. I'd put my scar against his fakey any day. Especially now,
with the stitches and puss oozing out a little bit. At the very least
I'd win the sympathy vote.

No question, the pus trumps everything. Is it green, or just white? Are
there little THINGS in it? Got a picture?

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old August 22nd 03, 11:25 PM
bdubya

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 15:58:15 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote:

Jay Pique wrote:

wrote:
I heard of somebody getting a real chainring tattoo in the appropriate

place
on his calf.

Whatever. I'd put my scar against his fakey any day. Especially now,
with the stitches and puss oozing out a little bit. At the very least
I'd win the sympathy vote.

No question, the pus trumps everything. Is it green, or just white? Are
there little THINGS in it? Got a picture?

No, he said PUSS; apparently there's a cat wedged in there somehow.
Jay, is this going to mess with the fit of your boots?

bw
Old August 25th 03, 09:45 PM
Sue

In message , Jay Pique
writes

Whatever. I'd put my scar against his fakey any day. Especially now,
with the stitches and puss oozing out a little bit. At the very least
I'd win the sympathy vote.

Oh, OUCH! You certainly win the sympathy vote - please post revolting
picsanyway.
--
Sue ]|(

Why don't they invent chainrings that aren't spiky?