Get yer wallets out....

Old August 9th 03, 06:09 PM
Jay Pique

Default Get yer wallets out....

The Buyers Guide issue of SKI just arrived. This blurb jumped out at
me while thumbing through it.....

"Skiers can only do what their gear allows them to do. Just as a new
computer works best with the latest operating system, new skis need
new boots and bindings to release their potential."

I'm surprised they didn't *insist* that everyone would also need the
latest performance enhancing ski-poles (like the K2 Speed Series
advertised on the same page). Has anyone here noticed a marked
improvement in their skiing via the purchase of new bindings? I could
maybe understand boots - but even then I figure fit is at least 80% of
the battle.

JP
I absolutely *must* get chrome-plated ski poles.
Old August 9th 03, 08:17 PM
lal_truckee

Jay Pique wrote:
The Buyers Guide issue of SKI just arrived. This blurb jumped out at
me while thumbing through it.....

"Skiers can only do what their gear allows them to do. Just as a new
computer works best with the latest operating system, new skis need
new boots and bindings to release their potential."

I'm surprised they didn't *insist* that everyone would also need the
latest performance enhancing ski-poles (like the K2 Speed Series
advertised on the same page). Has anyone here noticed a marked
improvement in their skiing via the purchase of new bindings? I could
maybe understand boots - but even then I figure fit is at least 80% of
the battle.

You do know the clothes are also vital? You can't improve your skiing if
you are still in last year's obsolete clothes. Dam two-ply goretex
restricts your movement. And Ullr forbid you wearing anything made of
wool - you'd be too busy scratching to get any skiing done. Better you
sit in the bar and drink rice beer made in America.

SKI and SKIING have become large glossy brochures for equipment and
resorts. Sometimes the pictures are fun, so that's where I focus my
attention.

Sometimes I lament the loss of real skiing magazines over the decades;
the cure is more skiing and less reading.

Old August 9th 03, 09:43 PM
Sue

In message , Bob Lee
writes
Jay Pique wrote:

You aren't trolling pinnas here, are you? 'Cause you don't want to get
us started. I mean it, don't **** us off.

Hey, since you seem to WANT to argue about religion, what's the
difference between tele and AT anyway?

--
Sue ];(

I seen 'em kneel down, but I never seen nothin' 'appen.
Old August 9th 03, 10:19 PM
AstroPax

On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 12:09:46 -0600, Jay Pique
wrote:

Has anyone here noticed a marked improvement in their skiing via the purchase of new bindings?

No, but I can honestly say that I've never noticed a marked
*deterioration* in my skiing via the purchase of new bindings.

-Astro
http://www.xmission.com/users/hound/...2-03/index.htm

Old August 9th 03, 10:44 PM
Vern93

In article ,
Bob Lee wrote:

What's the difference between Rembrandt and that guy
that paints the dogs playing poker?

Well, here's one difference. I don't have any Rembrandts hanging in my
den, but I do have four ORIGINAL works of C. M. Coolidge.

My favourite is the lesser known "A Waterloo."

"Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste"

http://www.coteindustries.com/dogs/

Dave
Old August 10th 03, 02:36 AM
Jay Pique

On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 15:24:38 -0600, Bob Lee wrote:

Jay Pique wrote:

Has anyone here noticed a marked
improvement in their skiing via the purchase of new bindings?

You aren't trolling pinnas here, are you? 'Cause you don't want to get
us started. I mean it, don't **** us off.

HA! I didn't even think about the prospect of switching to
flip-flops.... "Marked improvement" though? Hmmm.....

Is all previous telebashing expunged from your record if you ever
convert to the dark side? If you're a forgiving bunch I'll just
continue as is....

JP
********************
Much yet to learn on AT.
Old August 10th 03, 01:04 PM
Let Mikey Ski It!

Default Those BF Lange Boots

Jay Pique wrote:
The Buyers Guide issue of SKI just arrived. ...

What's the deal with those HUGE Lange boots? Has anyone skied with them? I
saw a pair in Breck a month ago and was amazed.

It appears they have a traditional sized boot at the same level so I guess
I need to read up and figure out how to make a decision. Previously, I just
bought the highest non-race specific model and was happy. Not sure what to
do now.

Mike...

--
Littleton, Colorado (reply to msaemisch at yahoo dot com)
See my ski photography at: http://PowderDay.us

Old August 10th 03, 08:44 PM
Sue

In message , Bob Lee
writes

Hey, since you seem to WANT to argue about religion, what's the
difference between tele and AT anyway?

Well, it's the types of bindings and boots and the way you turn, duh.

But what you really mean is what's the difference between ballet and
country line dancing? What's the difference between fly fishing and
bait crankin'? What's the difference between Rembrandt and that guy
that paints the dogs playing poker?

No. You seem confused - maybe you were just trolling, perish the
thought?
--
Sue ]8(