As if....

Old August 21st 03, 04:52 AM
scottabe

Default As if....

in article , pigo at
wrote on 8/20/03 10:03 AM:

"Dave Stallard" wrote in message

No, we thought it was beyond comprehension that someone would actually
BELIEVE Franken meant to do give a false impression of Fox's
endorsement, when his book cover was so obviously a PARODY of Fox.
That's the crux of the matter, which you seem to have difficulty
understanding.

So, knowing what you know now, that franken used Harvard Letterhead to
give the false impression of Harvard endorsment of his disrespectful
behavior with regards to the Attorney General of the United States, you
still find it hard to believe that he used the same tactic with a news
organization that exposes him for the lackey that he is?

Knowing what you have known for a long time, that Bob Thompson is a
pathological liar who has made false allegations to the police and to law
enforcement authorities, why don't you laugh when this psychopathic liar
spews hypocritical crap like this?

Old August 25th 03, 06:08 PM
lal_truckee

pigo wrote:

......anyone needed a glimpse into that overflowing thimble that is al
frankens character.

Hey, Thanks! That's really very very good. It's nice to see Fox News
trying out a more sophisticated comedy routine; their day-to-day fare
was getting stale, in spite of it's Fellini touches.

Old August 25th 03, 06:14 PM
lal_truckee

pigo wrote:

"Walt" wrote in message

"And I said on my program, if, if the Americans go in and
overthrow Saddam Hussein and it's clean, he has nothing, I will
apologize to the nation, and I will not trust the Bush
administration again." -- Fox News commentator Bill O'Reilly
on "Good Morning America," March 18, 2003

Last I looked they found jetliners there at the airport. Recent history
tells us that those are weapons of mass destruction. Unless you don't
consider ground zero in NYC a site of mass destruction.

Yessiree. I was just on one of those Jetliner contraptions yesterday;
that makes me a - (wait for it - timing's important in comedy, according
to Bob Hope - waiting ... waiting...) A Skier! A clear threat to the
environment. A terriorist of powder, willing to chew up acres and acres
of pristine untracked.

Old August 25th 03, 06:18 PM
Walt

lal_truckee wrote:

Yessiree. I was just on one of those Jetliner contraptions yesterday;
that makes me a - (wait for it - timing's important in comedy, according
to Bob Hope - waiting ... waiting...) A Skier! A clear threat to the
environment. A terriorist of powder, willing to chew up acres and acres
of pristine untracked.

And here I thought you were one of those people with the forethought to
plan their lives to reside in a place where you don't have to get on a
jetliner to ski. (Unlike us poor slobs who move to the midwest, put
down roots, and discover skiing late in life...)

What gives? South America? New Zeland? Don't tell me you wasted
airfare on a trip that doesn't involve skiing?

--
//-Walt
//
Old August 25th 03, 07:21 PM
lal_truckee

Walt wrote:

lal_truckee wrote:

Yessiree. I was just on one of those Jetliner contraptions yesterday;
that makes me a - (wait for it - timing's important in comedy, according
to Bob Hope - waiting ... waiting...) A Skier! A clear threat to the
environment. A terriorist of powder, willing to chew up acres and acres
of pristine untracked.

And here I thought you were one of those people with the forethought to
plan their lives to reside in a place where you don't have to get on a
jetliner to ski. (Unlike us poor slobs who move to the midwest, put
down roots, and discover skiing late in life...)

What gives? South America? New Zeland? Don't tell me you wasted
airfare on a trip that doesn't involve skiing?

Did you know there's no snow in the Virgin Islands? Came as a surprise
to me! I even brought my favorite skis; usually when transfers are
involved I just bring my boots. Dam uninformative tourist brochures.