recent pics from Tatry Mountains (Poland)

Old March 15th 05, 11:03 AM

Default recent pics from Tatry Mountains (Poland)

http://www.skialpinizm.pl/zima/
Old March 15th 05, 03:08 PM
William Claspy

On 3/15/05 7:03 AM, in article
,
" wrote:

http://www.skialpinizm.pl/zima/

Nice!

I got a taste of the Tatrys spending two days in Zakopane. Looks like an
excellent place for mountain adventures!

Are there huts for lodging in the winter? I was under the impression that
there are huts for hikers in summer.

Bill

Old March 15th 05, 07:03 PM

In article ,
William Claspy wrote:

Are there huts for lodging in the winter? I was under the impression that
there are huts for hikers in summer.

There are regular shelters. Just 8 of them, all together.
But they are within the walking distance from each other... They are
quite cheap, except more expensive - the Kalatowki
(http://www.kalatowki.com.pl/ang/str_gl_ang.html) which is rather a
hotel.

TA
Old March 15th 05, 07:33 PM
Dickie

wrote in message
http://www.skialpinizm.pl/zima/

very nice pictures sir!

can you tell us with what kind of equipment you shot these photos?

thanks
dickie

Old March 16th 05, 11:33 AM

In article ,
"Dickie" wrote:

can you tell us with what kind of equipment you shot these photos?

I didn't say I shot them. But I got in touch with the author and he said
they were taken with old Olympus C-3000...
BTW - more his pics at http://www.skialpinizm.pl/foto/
Regards
TA
Old March 17th 05, 09:20 AM
Champ

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:03:51 +0100,
wrote:

http://www.skialpinizm.pl/zima/

Fantastic pictures!
--
Champ
Old March 17th 05, 07:53 PM
Dickie

can you tell us with what kind of equipment you shot these photos?

I didn't say I shot them. But I got in touch with the author and he said
they were taken with old Olympus C-3000...
BTW - more his pics at http://www.skialpinizm.pl/foto/
Regards
TA

Nice overthere, is that all in Poland? Can you tell us a littlebit about
skitouring possibilities in Poland? Or are there any websites?

tks dickie

Old March 28th 05, 01:23 PM

In article ,
"Dickie" wrote:

can you tell us with what kind of equipment you shot these photos?

I didn't say I shot them. But I got in touch with the author and he said
they were taken with old Olympus C-3000...
BTW - more his pics at http://www.skialpinizm.pl/foto/

Nice overthere, is that all in Poland?

Yep...

Can you tell us a littlebit about
skitouring possibilities in Poland? Or are there any websites?

Well, basically speaking all our southern boarders lead along the
mountains.
http://www.ga.com.pl/zima1.htm
http://golek.dobrebopolskie.com/
http://www.pbase.com/mirekd581

The most attractive BC/skitouring areas a

Beskidy Mountains http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beskidy - the most
interesting parts are Turbacz and Babia Gora.

Bieszczady Mountains - (Eastern Karpaty) very vast area on the border
with Ukraine

Both Beskidy and Bieszczady are appropriate for light BC, too.

Karkonosze Mountains (part of Sudety mountains on the border with Czech
Rep), http://www.samotnia.com.pl/e/sam-e.htm#zima
http://www.brokerzy.com/gallery/sniegi_karkonoszy

The most 'alpine' mountains are Tatry Mountains (Tatry Zachodnie
(Western) and Tatry Wysokie (High)). Moreover it is only few hours
driving from Krakow international airport.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatry
http://www.cs.put.poznan.pl/holidays/tatry/
http://www.ga.com.pl/tatry6.htm
http://www.pkl.pl/nartostrada.html
http://klub.chip.pl/mb_bike/Szpiglasowy/index.html
http://www.kalatowki.com.pl/ang/str_gl_ang.html
http://www.murowaniec.e-tatry.pl/ver_eng.php

And so on...
Use google
:-)

This season was somehow strange. There was too much snow in the
mountains hence backcountry/skitouring was almost impossible. I was only
few days in Beskidy. On the other hand from January, 15 to March, 15
there was good snow in the lowland (around Warsaw where I live). But I
went to Suwalki region (Wizajny, Gory Sudawaskie), in the north-east
part of Poland, on the border with Lithuania. It is hilly (post-glacial)
and reputably the coldest part of Poland (the lowest recorded winter
temperature was -38 C).

Tomorrow I am going to Tatry for a week. The winter season lasts until
beginning of May.

HTH
Regards
TA
Old March 28th 05, 01:34 PM

In article ,
"Dickie" wrote:

can you tell us with what kind of equipment you shot these photos?

I didn't say I shot them. But I got in touch with the author and he said
they were taken with old Olympus C-3000...
BTW - more his pics at http://www.skialpinizm.pl/foto/

Nice overthere, is that all in Poland?

Yep...

Can you tell us a littlebit about
skitouring possibilities in Poland? Or are there any websites?

Well, basically speaking all our southern borders lead along the
[...]

mountains hence backcountry/skitouring was almost impossible. I spent
only few days telemarking in Beskidy.

On the other hand from January, 15 to March, 15 there was good snow in
the lowland (around Warsaw where I live).

But I went to Suwalki region (Wizajny, Gory Sudawaskie), in the
north-east part of Poland, on the border with Lithuania. I have never
been there before.

Old March 30th 05, 04:47 PM
Dickie

thanks!