Feds on the lookout for fake war heros.

Old June 3rd 11, 04:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
down_hill

Default rope tows

Walt wrote:
On 6/2/2011 7:31 PM, DaveM wrote:

They are still out there around here.

Rope tows are not just "still out there", brand new ones are still being
installed.

The Canyons put one in last summer (and according to the mountain hosts,
it was the most amazing, exciting, spectacular, not-to-be-missed feature
at the entire resort.)

My home hill tore out the superpipe last summer and replaced it with a
race-arena. That's a dedicated race training hill, and to give the
young athletes a true workout they installed a high-speed (but
non-detachable) rope tow. So instead of 1 minute training followed by 5
minutes sitting, it's more like 1 minute training followed by 3 minutes
of exercise. It's modeled after the hill in Minnesota that produced
Lindsay Vonn.

What hill is that?
Old June 3rd 11, 04:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Jun 3, 8:54*am, Walt wrote:
On 6/2/2011 7:31 PM, DaveM wrote:

They are still out there around here.

Rope tows are not just "still out there", brand new ones are still being
installed.

The Canyons put one in last summer (and according to the mountain hosts,
it was the most amazing, exciting, spectacular, not-to-be-missed feature
at the entire resort.)

At the risk of making a skiing related post:

Bert and I skied the Canyons this year. After we humiliated Brain
Fried Bob Thompson by showing up at the mid mountain lodge, on time,
with nary a sniff of his full diapers (yeah, yeah, for the umpteenth
time he didn't show up) I took him over to the north side. We decided
to get away from the boarders.
The rope tow takes you up a short slope so you can get to the other
side of the resort.
So we come steaming into the tow, trying to catch it on the fly, and
run into a bunch of bunnies in a group lesson. The dumb****
instructor had given them absolutely no clues about how to ride a
****ing rope tow, he was standing at the top and watching the Warren
Miller show of bunnies crossing tips, falling off the rope, blocking
the way, etc. Had to wait a couple minutes while they sorted it out.
Needless to say, I told the instructor he was incompetent and that I
didn't appreciate him wasting my time.
Later on in the day, Bert notices his brand new Mountain Hardwear
shell gloves had worn through the palm seam and had separated. They
don't make gloves like they used to.
Hey, did I mention I gave a couple week's notice, and neither Diaper
Bob or any other Diaper Team Six member showed up to spew their crap
in person?
It was a good day.
Old June 3rd 11, 07:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Fri, 3 Jun 2011 09:31:44 -0700 (PDT), twobuddha
wrote this crap:

[...]

You liar.

Vote for Romney. God bless America
Old June 3rd 11, 07:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default Feds on the lookout for fake war heros.

On Fri, 03 Jun 2011 07:56:51 -0700, Ted Waldron
wrote this crap:

In article
Here is another quote...

http://tinyurl.com/5r2fm8v

"I just got an invite today to the unit reunion of the outfit that
hosted my brief
and exciting stay incountry.
Including a personal note from the CO."

He's such a ****ing liar. He never had a CO. He was never in the
military.

Vote for Romney. God bless America
Old June 3rd 11, 07:46 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

wrote this crap:

[...]

You didn't show up, either, ppppppppuuuuuuusssssssyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
But then again, you wouldn't have qualified for Diaper Team 6 if you
had the balls to do so.
Old June 3rd 11, 07:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

wrote this crap:

In article
Here is another quote...

http://tinyurl.com/5r2fm8v

"I just got an invite today to the unit reunion of the outfit that
hosted my brief
and exciting stay incountry.
Including a personal note from the CO."

He's such a ****ing liar. *He never had a CO. *He was never in the
military.

Of course I never had a CO. Of course I was never in the military.
Unlike you, I've never claimed to have been in the military, or have
PUC's, etc. How humiliating for you. Claiming to have PUC's, then
being so stupid you admitted they were earned before you served in the
unit. If you ever served.
Hey, Wack Job Waldron? Since you're such a stickler for veracity, how
about doing some research on your buddy Dickless Horvath?
Oooooops, forgot. No matter how much you lie, no matter how much your
friends lie, you never call them out, and you never admit to lying.
No matter how clear the proof that you lied, no matter how clear the
proof your friends lied.
Just like in court. When you lied, got proven a liar, but continue to
tell the same ridiculous lie.
No wonder Horvath and you serve in DIAPER Team 6.
Old June 4th 11, 01:08 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

On 6/3/2011 12:00 PM, down_hill wrote:
Walt wrote:
It's modeled after the hill in Minnesota that produced Lindsay Vonn.

What hill is that?

Buck Hill.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123569873243289245.html

//Walt

Old June 4th 11, 01:19 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
down_hill

Walt wrote:
It's modeled after the hill in Minnesota that produced Lindsay Vonn.

What hill is that?

Buck Hill.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123569873243289245.html

//Walt

What hill do you ski on, that was more the question?

Old June 4th 11, 01:56 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Walt wrote:
It's modeled after the hill in Minnesota that produced Lindsay Vonn.

What hill is that?

Buck Hill.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123569873243289245.html

What hill do you ski on, that was more the question?

Why, Nubs of course. (c:

http://www.nubsnob.com/index.php?opt...6&It emid=130

//Walt