Where do you plan to ski?

Old December 14th 07, 10:04 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
pg

Default Where do you plan to ski?

a écrit dans le message de news:
Hi , I'm brend new in this group, french, 24 years old.
I was wondering in which station you planned to ski this winter? (In
Alps i suppose)
For your information, there has been big snow falls recently,
especially in northern alps with more than 1m50 sometimes, it's a good
season beginning

Some of the resorts around Seoul, hopefully!

Pete
http://mysnowsports.com

Old December 14th 07, 10:57 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
cupra

Ace wrote:
On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 07:27:12 -0000, " cupra"
wrote:

Ace wrote:
On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 05:07:18 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

Hi , I'm brend new in this group, french, 24 years old.
I was wondering in which station you planned to ski this winter?
(In Alps i suppose)

Three weekends already in Engelberg, now 3 weeks in Flaine starting
Saturday, an off-piste week with mates in Engelberg in January, a
week's holiday (leading) Feb half-term in Grindelwald, then a rep's
refresher course in Chamonix in April.

The rest of the time isn't yet planned, but it might involve a
little skiing the odd weekend or three :-)

I can confirm I now officially hate you!

MWHID.

lol

BTW I'm still looking for any more takers for the January trip...

Sounds very tempting but I don't think my bank balance would take the extra
hammering!

Old December 14th 07, 05:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
@elgy(nati-spam).org.uk

PG wrote:

a écrit dans le message de news:

Hi , I'm brend new in this group, french, 24 years old.
I was wondering in which station you planned to ski this winter? (In
Alps i suppose)
For your information, there has been big snow falls recently,
especially in northern alps with more than 1m50 sometimes, it's a good
season beginning

Some of the resorts around Seoul, hopefully!

Pete
http://mysnowsports.com

I wondered why we had not heard from you this year - nor seen your
useful webcam photos. I take it you are working in Korea.

John
Old December 14th 07, 05:57 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Mike[_2_]

wrote in message
I was wondering in which station you planned to ski this winter? (In
Alps i suppose)

Sorry, but not in France; half term in Arlberg, Austria and Easter in
Zermatt; thinking about some ski touring in the spring, maybe Switzerland,
Mike

Old December 14th 07, 06:03 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Mike[_2_]

"Mike" wrote in message

wrote in message
I was wondering in which station you planned to ski this winter? (In
Alps i suppose)

Sorry, but not in France; half term in Arlberg, Austria and Easter in
Zermatt; thinking about some ski touring in the spring, maybe Switzerland,
Mike

Oh, nearly forgot, hopefully Scotland if the snow is anywhere near as good
as it appears to be in Alps, day tours in Cairngorms or Glen Coe, Mike

Old December 15th 07, 09:09 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe

Why not France? Is it only a matter of snow/ station, or did you
encounter some issues during your last "french" holidays?

Old December 15th 07, 05:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Mike[_2_]

wrote
Why not France? Is it only a matter of snow/ station, or did you
encounter some issues during your last "french" holidays?

No issues at all, entirely personal. For instance, I rate Val d'Isere very
highly, as good as any of the best ski areas in Switzerland or Austria we've
been to, and had lots of good skiing in lots of French resorts, but we think
accommodation isn't as good as Austrian or Swiss and at our age we
appreciate the larger rooms, solid hotels etc. But it is also because we
prefer to book direct with a hotel and find our own way there, and often
going for periods outside the Saturday - Saturday interval which seems the
norm in France. And too many Brits in French ski resorts, ,-). Hotel we stay
in at Stuben, Arlberg usually has no Brits and sometimes even French are
staying! Mike

Old December 16th 07, 10:03 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe

On Dec 15, 6:09 pm, "Mike" wrote:
wrote Why not France? Is it only a matter of snow/ station, or did you
encounter some issues during your last "french" holidays?

No issues at all, entirely personal. For instance, I rate Val d'Isere very
highly, as good as any of the best ski areas in Switzerland or Austria we've
been to, and had lots of good skiing in lots of French resorts, but we think
accommodation isn't as good as Austrian or Swiss and at our age we
appreciate the larger rooms, solid hotels etc. But it is also because we
prefer to book direct with a hotel and find our own way there, and often
going for periods outside the Saturday - Saturday interval which seems the
norm in France. And too many Brits in French ski resorts, ,-). Hotel we stay
in at Stuben, Arlberg usually has no Brits and sometimes even French are
staying! Mike

okok
I've never been to Austria, even if i would like to :/
I was supposed to ski in "Les carroz" between Christmas and new year,
and finally, i can't be borrowed the appartment, and i can't rent one
because the period covers 2 weeks.
Finally, i'll ski in february, when lifts and pists will be crowded

Old December 16th 07, 10:50 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Pip Luscher[_2_]

wrote:

Hi , I'm brend new in this group, french, 24 years old.
I was wondering in which station you planned to ski this winter? (In
Alps i suppose)
For your information, there has been big snow falls recently,
especially in northern alps with more than 1m50 sometimes, it's a good
season beginning

I thought I'd try somewhere different for a change, so a week in
Verbier on 19th January, then TBD for a week mid March.

--
-Pip