Need suggestion for daughter's skis

Old September 11th 04, 02:50 PM
Rut

Default Need suggestion for daughter's skis

I posted this earlier but it got stuck to an old thread with same subject.

I'm looking to buy my daughter her 2nd pair of skis. She is 18, 5' 100
lbs. Currently she skis on a set of rossignol bandit jrs 150. She skis
quite well and enjoys the whole mountain except for the super steep
double black diamonds. We ski exclusively in the east (NC) on groomed
slopes. These current skis have done her well and seemed to be sized
correctly. On end they come to her eyes. She would like to move to a
more advanced ski. Seems that many brands women's skis don't offer
sizes that small. So far we have looked at Atomic B7 and K2 T:Nine
series.

Thanks,
Rut
Old September 12th 04, 07:54 PM
lal_truckee

Rut wrote:
I posted this earlier but it got stuck to an old thread with same subject.

I'm looking to buy my daughter her 2nd pair of skis. She is 18, 5' 100
lbs. Currently she skis on a set of rossignol bandit jrs 150. She skis
quite well and enjoys the whole mountain except for the super steep
double black diamonds. We ski exclusively in the east (NC) on groomed
slopes. These current skis have done her well and seemed to be sized
correctly. On end they come to her eyes. She would like to move to a
more advanced ski. Seems that many brands women's skis don't offer
sizes that small. So far we have looked at Atomic B7 and K2 T:Nine
series.

Talk to your prime ski area's youth racing team's coach. S/he can make
ski suggestions: even better, s/he might have a line on youth racers
looking to sell previous year skis - excellent skis nearly new at rock
bottom prices.
Old September 15th 04, 03:01 PM
Wai Chan

If she doesn't mind sticking with junior skis. Fischer makes a
Competition Jr in 148 that may suit her needs. It is made for junior
racers who can handle all mountain but would like to ease into racing
or something more advanced. Supposedly, it is much easier to handle
than race skis for a non-hardcore racer. I have not found another pair
of junior skis that can do just that. This model appears to have
pretty good ratings as well. Go to
http://www.fischerski.com/en/alpine/ to take a look.

Old September 15th 04, 03:09 PM
Wai Chan

If she doesn't mind sticking with junior skis. Fischer makes a
Competition Jr in 148 with life plates that may suit her needs. It is
made for junior racers who can handle all mountain but would like to
ease into racing or something more advanced. Supposedly, it is much
easier to handle than race skis for a non-hardcore racer. I have not
found another pair of junior skis that can do just that. This model
appears to have pretty good ratings as well. I got my daughter, who's
quite a bit younger, a shorter pair during the off-season and can't
wait for her to try them out when she is tall enough hopefully at the
end of this season.