flow bindings

Old April 15th 05, 12:30 PM
Richard Lumsden

Default flow bindings

I have a pair of Flow Pro's(new this year) and until last Sat loved them.
I was at Mt Tremblant riding,when going over a kicker my back foot came out
the binding. Landed on one foot ,lost it and somehow smashed my board into
my shoulder. Broke it in three places and dislocated my shoulder. What a way
to end my season.I don't know why it released when it did.(it was real heavy
spring snow)Has this happened to anyone else out there?
A word to the wise if you have them , keep your eye on them , I don't think
I'll use them again and I'll replace my children's with ratchet bindings.
Later Richard

Old April 15th 05, 04:02 PM
Dean

Richard Lumsden wrote:

when going over a kicker my back foot came out the binding.

I've used Flow bindings for three years. No problems. That does not mean
that something won't eventually break. Everything can break. Straps
break on binding, too.

Please describe how your boot came out of the binding.

Did the highback release?
Did the powerstrap break?
Did one or more straps holding the powerstrap break or release?

Dean
Old April 16th 05, 07:35 PM
Richard Lumsden

The highback released. My son was ahead of me , saw it down and was trying
to flag me down when it happend.The only thing I can come up with is the
snow was real heavy corn and I had lost a edge sat down and did a 360 on my
but, maybe the lock got pushed back . Anyway you ride Flows ,keep your eye
on them,know way to come down. Later Richard

Old April 16th 05, 08:26 PM
Mike Watson

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 15:35:46 -0400, "Richard Lumsden"
wrote:

The highback released. My son was ahead of me , saw it down and was trying
to flag me down when it happend.The only thing I can come up with is the
snow was real heavy corn and I had lost a edge sat down and did a 360 on my
but, maybe the lock got pushed back . Anyway you ride Flows ,keep your eye
on them,know way to come down. Later Richard

Only problem I've had with my flows is that the screws seems to have a
habit of loosening off.

Had a weke in france where it was a daily occurance (explained the
crazy forward lean I was getting though )

But then had a week in canada and not one stop at a tool station
required. (I'd taken an electric screw driver to them before hand)

Friend has the same problem, more pronounced on burton boards.
Old April 17th 05, 09:19 PM
ScottishCanadian

My friends have used flows for 2 years and havent had any problems with
them releasing or unscrewing. I just got some and can't wait to use
them. He went to Tremblant and Blue Mountain (if you've heard of
those) no problems reported. Now my entire boarding group has bought
them.

Old April 19th 05, 08:00 PM

I myself don't own Flows, but in my experience of talking to people and
reading boards, they are known a bit more to have a tendency to have
this sort of a malufunction. Many of the folks in boardshops I talk to
don't like them as they rely on the highback as the method of
securement, when it is the highest area of pressure. Granted straps can
break, but you do have two, so you still will have one if the other
fails.
On the flipside, a friend of mine has Flow's and has yet to have any
trouble with them and really likes them.
So personal choice, but I myself wouldn't use them or reccomend them.

Old April 20th 05, 02:16 PM

Flow recalled some of their bindings. Here's the announcement from the
U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission.

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml05/05087.html

Old April 20th 05, 03:14 PM
Dean

" wrote:

Flow recalled some of their bindings. Here's the announcement from the
U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission.

The lesson to take from this is to provide details (brand, model, year)
because all models of a particular brand don't use the same parts.
That's true for snowboard bindings, snowboards, cars, etc.

Dean

Boots for Flow bindings? corbeau Snowboarding 0 February 4th 04 02:41 AM
flow bindings jakob Snowboarding 1 January 15th 04 04:24 AM
Flow Bindings this year? Tavish Muldoon Snowboarding 4 December 2nd 03 03:20 AM
Flow Bindings - Mounting discs mr E Snowboarding 0 November 23rd 03 05:08 AM
Flow Bindings mr E Snowboarding 1 November 15th 03 07:32 AM