atomic bindings 412

Old January 27th 04, 03:54 PM
Sven

Default atomic bindings 412

hi,

I recently purchases the Atomic GS9.21 with Race 412 bindings.
Unfortunately there's no explanation at all included on how these bindings
are to be set/configured.

Atomic support refuses to help me out as they only want shops to make changes, but
I've had bad experiences with shops setting bindings, so I want to know
what they do and how they calculate it to avoid any injuries.

Does somebody have some kind of manual/guideline on how the 412 is to be set and
how the calculations work for these bindings?

Many thanks,
Sven.

Old January 27th 04, 05:01 PM
lal_truckee

Sven wrote:
hi,

I recently purchases the Atomic GS9.21 with Race 412 bindings.
Unfortunately there's no explanation at all included on how these bindings
are to be set/configured.

Atomic support refuses to help me out as they only want shops to make changes, but
I've had bad experiences with shops setting bindings, so I want to know
what they do and how they calculate it to avoid any injuries.

Does somebody have some kind of manual/guideline on how the 412 is to be set and
how the calculations work for these bindings?

No experience with Atomics; However the DIN reading is a standard, so
any chart will help with release settings. Leaving you without
measurements on whether the binding actually releases at the torque the
DIN setting implies - that's what you pay a shop for (but you know
that.) That leaves fore/aft setting and pre-load setting. I'd take them
into the shop at the mountain base and ask the guys where the preload
indicator is; they'd tell me. Maybe you can just walk in and ask, too?

Old February 3rd 04, 03:10 PM
Varanasi Benares

lal_truckee wrote:

Sven wrote:

hi,

I recently purchases the Atomic GS9.21 with Race 412 bindings.
Unfortunately there's no explanation at all included on how these
bindings
are to be set/configured.

[snip snip]

That leaves fore/aft setting and pre-load setting. I'd take them
into the shop at the mountain base and ask the guys where the preload
indicator is; they'd tell me. Maybe you can just walk in and ask, too?

Is the fore/aft setting mathcing the boot's center mark over the ski's
center mark? What is a preload indicator? I can't find anything akin
to this - not surprising since I don't know what I'm looking for - on my
Salomon 912s or my Look P10s.

Old February 5th 04, 04:46 PM
Endlessseason

I've used the 412's on my new Sugar Daddies while I've been waiting
for the 614's to come in. I usually ski a DIN 10 setting on other
bindings, but I noticed the 412's have not pre-released on me at a
setting of 8.5. Granted, I'm six months out from ACL replacement and
I'm not skiing quite as fast nor as strong as I usually do, but I'm
thinking they don't need to be set as high as you might normally set
your bindings. Anyone else notice this?
Another strange thing about these bindings--does anyone remember the
plastic clackers they used to sell on TV? You'd hold a grip on this
device and shake it up and down and these rotating clacker balls would
make a loud clacking noise...
Well, my 412's make a similar clacking noise when skied very fast or
during high loads. It's the weirdest thing. Anyone else notice THIS?

New Atomic bindings and shoes Pierre-Alain Fellay Nordic Skiing 0 February 12th 04 10:47 PM
Atomic warranty Jon C Alpine Skiing 1 February 11th 04 03:09 AM
FA: Atomic Supercross SX:11 Skis 170cm & Bindings Marathon Marketplace 0 January 14th 04 11:46 PM
Mounting alpine bindings Terry Hill Alpine Skiing 26 December 6th 03 06:51 AM
Atomic Ski Bindings - 4.12 or 6.14 which is better for me? Christopher Luke Alpine Skiing 7 August 10th 03 03:40 PM